Snow Attachments BCS snow blower and BCS lawnmower performance??

/ BCS snow blower and BCS lawnmower performance?? #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( How'd it do in wet snow (lots of wet snow like 18")? That is my single biggest concern. )</font>

Mike -- I bought the blower late in the season, so never got to try it on the dry fluffy stuff. This was wet heavy stuff. You know the type that turns to liquid in mid-afternoon then refreezes at night if you don't move it? On the straight and level section that little BCS must have thrown it thirty feet...and that was with the deflector horizontal! With the deflector up my wife would beat me with a broom for throwing snow on her blueberry patch clear across the yard!

It was just at the base of the driveway where I had problems with the slope. It was a very gentle slope, maybe a foot gained over fifty feet, but with the afternoon sun it would get really slick. Dragging the BCS back to level ground with the ATV got really old.

I liked the BCS. It was a rock solid little machine. But the characteristics of my property made it marginal. Sounds like you don't have those same issues. So go for it...and fix those shortcomings if the BCS engineers haven't already done so in the newer models. Install sheer bolts, available at any tractor store. And I bought a dozen little rubber nipples at the Honda dealer that fit over the cable guide ends just fine.

Pete

/ BCS snow blower and BCS lawnmower performance??
Hi Pete,

Thanks again for your insights. Glad to hear the BCS handles the wet stuff well.

You said you picked up 12 rubber nipples at the Honda dealer. I assume this was a Honda power equipment dealer? What machine are they intended for (so I know what to ask for)?

I am looking forward to spring so I can sell my Deere. It has been a wonderful machine and done LOTS of work for me, but I don't really need it anymore and it will be good to get my money back out of the machine. The BCS look like just what I want now. Small, manouverable, tough as nails, built like a farm tractor (well it is, just a small 2 wheel one), with lots of useful rugged attachments.

Thanks again Pete,
Mike

/ BCS snow blower and BCS lawnmower performance?? #14  
It was a motorcycle dealer, but I'm not sure which model ended up being a fit. I just took one of the guides in (they were all the same) and asked them to find a match. Hope this helps. Pete

Thanks, I had not thought of taking a cable from the machine to match up at the dealer. Thanks for the idea.

Mike

/ BCS snow blower and BCS lawnmower performance?? #16  
if you dont mind me askin how much was the quote you got from the BCS Shop? how much off list?

No, I don't mind you asking at all. However, I have not requested a formal quote yet from him. His prices are a bit higher than say earth tools, but I don't have to pay shipping from Kentucky to NH and John is local for me.

His prices are on the web at BCS Shop Price List

What are you looking at buying?

Mike

/ BCS snow blower and BCS lawnmower performance?? #18  
i am also looking at an 852 with the 38" mower and 28" blower, and maybe a generator head and tiller later... i plan a purchase in about 7 months... I was wondering if the BCS shop went below MSRP