Snow Attachments 3 Point Snow blower

/ 3 Point Snow blower #1  

skivt

Silver Member
Tractor
MF GC2300
Need some help on what to do for my new Massey GC2300. The dealer has a 46" Meteor for close to $1,500. A different dealer has a 51" blizzard snowblower for $1,600. Any advice on what brand and what size? I bought a rear blade with my tractor so I wonder if I even need a snowblower.

/ 3 Point Snow blower #2  
I have a 51" Kubota - 3 point snowblower - I'm willing to sell. However I'm quite a distance, Southeast Michigan.

Don

/ 3 Point Snow blower #3  
I just managed to score a 54" Loftness snowblower for my BX23 that I am in the process of converting to use on the 3pt. I know there are other users here on tractorbynet who have had 54" blowers on the rear of SubCUT sized tractors so it should work. All in all the bigger sized blower is probably better just so you can take bigger bite. Not sure of the difference in quality if any between Meteor and Blizzard. I have a rear blade on my BX too and it works for clearing snow but not the best. There has been a lot of debate here on tractorbynet about the best setup for clearing snow but for my personal situation I decided that a rear mount blower and plow on the front will be the best setup.

/ 3 Point Snow blower #4  
Both the Meteor and the Blizzard are good blowers. I have a 64" Puma which, based on my observations of the Blizzard, is a little bit more heavy duty.

As for whether or not you'll need a blower, let's see how your back blade handles the 8"-12" heavy wet snow that is coming down now. You still have to pile it up and use the FEL to move it out of the way. With a blower you just blow it away.

I have both back blade and blower and the back blade stays in storage for the winter while I use only the blower. I can do my 250' x 15' driveway with 75' x 55' parking area and in front of the road in about 30 minutes not counting time to move vehicles. My driveway is gravel. I would not even think of using the back blade and FEL.

Your mileage may vary.

Attachments

• 603270-Brian-snowblowing.jpg
    603270-Brian-snowblowing.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 1,885
   / 3 Point Snow blower #5  
Plowed snow for a few years with a back blade, what a pain in the neck (literally). Got me a front blade it came off a pickup truck, I modified it to fit the tractor cost me less than $100 bucks have been using it for many years, much nicer to use than the back blade. If we get alot of snow I just push the piles back a ways. Never used a blower,,, until this year, I got a Gravely 2 wheeler given to me so I had to try the blower, the blower works nice and is just fun to operate. Whatever you get, in my opinion get it to mount on the front of the machine and you will never be sorry.

/ 3 Point Snow blower #6  
skivt,

Can you go with a front snowblower? IMHO, that is the best of all worlds -- well, except living in the Caribbean! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ 3 Point Snow blower #7  
"Can you go with a front snowblower?"

Although easiest on the neck, a front blower is a very expensive way to go. One also loses the use of the FEL, although with a snow blower, that shouldn't be a problem.

/ 3 Point Snow blower
I would like a front blower but they range from $2,600 to $3,000 and are not as wide as the rear ones. Anyone want to make a $1,000 donation? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ 3 Point Snow blower
Good advice MadReferee, I think the bucket and blades on this size tractor won't do the trick with these big NE storms.

BTW - Do you always snowblow in your sneakers? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ 3 Point Snow blower #10  
My brother-in-law has a GC2300 with a 51" (or 54, can't remember). He has quite a bit of slope to his driveway. The tractor handles it no problem. His is a Metoer. I also have a Meteor, mine is a 60 on a Kubota B2410. Again, no issues with the size at all. The Meteor is a good blower, but is on the lower end of the quality scale. I believe you'll find it quite a bit lighter than the Puma or some others. My driveway is small and paved, so it is adequate for my needs. Mine has hydraulic rotation and a hydraulic deflector, if you can swing the money, they are great additions.