Snow Attachments Need Feedback On JD 59-inch snow blower

/ Need Feedback On JD 59-inch snow blower #1  

Vic_N

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 4044R
I need to buy a snow blower for my new JD3520. I have about 800 feet of paved driveway. Can anyone tell me about their experience with the JD 59-inch front-mounted snow blower? I’d like to hear the pros and cons. And I’m especially interested in how difficult it is to install.Thanks.

Vic

/ Need Feedback On JD 59-inch snow blower #2  
I recently purchased a 59 inch John Deere snowblower for my JD 855 Diesel. It took me quite sometime to completely attach the unit but I was doing it without instructions or support. Now that I figured out the orderly steps to take it should be relatively easy to attach and detach in the future. Keep it greased and it will blow snow like none other.

/ Need Feedback On JD 59-inch snow blower #3  
Did it come filled with gear oil from the factory or was it shipped dry?

Thanks

/ Need Feedback On JD 59-inch snow blower #4  
My purchase was not new, it was a used snowblower. I would contact your local JD dealer for the answer to your question.

/ Need Feedback On JD 59-inch snow blower #5  
Here has been my experience. I pieced together the whole kit.

I had the mid pto drive shaft and bought the 59 snow blower with just the two pin style mounting brackets. Factory for your tractor would be a front three point hitch style mount. I bought a front mount kit (BM19575) for a 4400 style tractor even though I have a 4410 as I knew it would fit. Right away what I didn't like was the fact that I had to remove my tractor grill guard to install the kit. I made up my mind that this wasn't going to stay factory.

I bought a 855/955 front mount that I found on Kijiji. I welded brackets onto my front grill guard mounting brackets that the 855/955 mount would slide into. Now I don't have to remove my front grill guard and mounting the snow blower is a lot faster too.

As a result I now have a BM19575 mounting kit for sale. I know they fit onto 4x00/4x10 style tractors. Reading through some of the treads on this forum I've heard that this mount will also work on the 3x20 style tractor but i don't know for sure.

I also read that owners of 3x20 style tractors with the factory three point hitch setup don't like the fact that the top link touches the front grill guard when the snow blower is fully raised.

Also I meant to add that the factory depth skids on my blower were way to small for a gravel driveway. I made a set of skids about 5x larger and have been happy with that.

And if anybody wants pics of what I did just let me know.

/ Need Feedback On JD 59-inch snow blower #6  
5 yrs on my 59" front mount blower here. All I can say is it was the single best implement I ever bought!!! No more strained neck and lower back.

Couple things to look for.....
1- the factory fan housing is VERY THIN. I have a few holes in mine and it is beat to crap from gravel and rock. I lined it with some 16 ga steel 3 yrs back and it is now trash. I am currently lining it with some 1/16" ultra hard plastic like material my local steel shop had. You can hardly scratch it with a pocket knife. I will get pics shortly. This liner also helps close the gap between the fan blades and the housing allowing the snow to throw further. Held in with some stainless pop rivets. Pics don't show up with the liner so hope you can visualize it.

2- Keep the cables that turn the chute clean and lightly oiled or greased. I have snapped a few of them and found that the lube helps them last a little longer. Also you can build your own cables for a couple bucks vs JD $25.00. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ating/232106-59-blower-cables.html?highlight=
3- Put a pc of 1/16" plastic ring or similar type shim between the blower and the chute so it turns smoother. Metal on metal isn't ideal. I'll try to find a pic.
4- Widen and lengthen the stock skid shoes. Won't dig in the gravel as easy.
5- Use the snot out of it. Really is a well built blower from my experience.

/ Need Feedback On JD 59-inch snow blower #7  
I purchased one 3 years ago for my JD790, after having a huge 2 stage rear mount McKee on a JD3010 that I sold, it was a beast. The best investment I made, haven't gone thru any sheer bolts as of yet, set the skids up about 2 inches becasue I have a gravel driveway. Put the 790 in AWD, first gear and it shoots the snow a good 20-30 feet.

/ Need Feedback On JD 59-inch snow blower #8  
Here's a couple of files for your reference, the Operator Manual is "OMM137705", I think if you do a search you can find it out there.

Attachments

• BM16855 RETRO KIT INSTALLATION PROCEDURE.pdf
    940.6 KB · Views: 555
  • John Deerew 59 inch snowblower procedure.pdf
    548.9 KB · Views: 408
Last edited:
   / Need Feedback On JD 59-inch snow blower #9  
Hope the rest of these files will help next year when you have to mount all over again...........

Attachments

• BM21379 Front PTO Drive Kit Install Inst.pdf
    603.6 KB · Views: 248
  • BM21379 FRONT DRIVE KIT PIC.pdf
    244 KB · Views: 309
  • BM21379 2000 RPM FRONT PTO IPL.pdf
    88.9 KB · Views: 266
  • BM16855 Front Attachment Kit.pdf
    955.2 KB · Views: 274
  • BM16855 FRONT HITCH KIT PIC Rev A.pdf
    226.1 KB · Views: 242
   / Need Feedback On JD 59-inch snow blower #10  
Update on the fan housing liner.
Why oh why did I not do this sooner? Snow throws at least 10-15' further and the vibrations from churning thru the snow is now gone. I runs so much smoother and quieter.