Snow Attachments Rear pull-type snow blowers

/ Rear pull-type snow blowers #1  

sjg507

Does anyone have experience with an Erskine rear pull-type snow blower? I have a JD 4320 cab tractor and want to keep the FEL on to help with snow removal. Either the 601RP or the 781RP should work for my needs. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

/ Rear pull-type snow blowers #2  
I have no experience with them but what sort of prices are you getting quotes? They look cool.

/ Rear pull-type snow blowers
I am waiting for quotes and will keep you posted.

/ Rear pull-type snow blowers #4  
I'm guessing you may not have seen this thread about rear-pull blowers. Not a lot on pricing but has a good general discussion, with links to other related threads. Erskine has made every style - rear-pull v-plows, front pushers, rear backups, and now rear pull two-stage machines. Take care, Dick B

/ Rear pull-type snow blowers #5  
I've just purchased a 4320 and a few attachments. One of which was the Erskine RP 601. I've yet to get any snow, but it is hooked up waiting for the first flurries. It's definitely built well and is a lot simpler than the front mount rear PTO driven models Erskine offers. A few people have suggested that I am going to have problems driving through the snow first, but most of them also haven't seen my machine. I think that it's going to work great and beats backing up down a few hundred feet of driveway.

/ Rear pull-type snow blowers
PB - I have been dealing with Brad and Wayne at Quick Attach Attachments, Inc. (866.428.8224). Pricing depends on size and options, such as hydraulic chute and deflector. They do give factory direct pricing.

Dick - Thanks for the thread; it was helpful. I used a rear blade for years, then a FEL on a JD 870. With the blade, I sometimes pushed (in reverse), other times pulled after driving over the snow. Both methods were effective, and I had no compaction issues. I believe that the rear pull snow blower with full hydraulic options, though expensive, will be just the ticket for my 4320 cab. My biggest problem will be wrestling my son out of the heated cab!!:D

Zinn - Enjoy your RP! If your luck is anything like mine, we just bought insurance that it WILL NOT snow this year!