Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Plow Snow? In Michigan, we plow mud!

/ Plow Snow? In Michigan, we plow mud! #1  

Raddad

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B7100 & B7610
While backfilling a trench for a new sewer line it got a little muddy and my son got one of our tractors stuck. I thought it might tip over so I had him climb off and we shortened up the top link to get the blade out of the mud. Our other tractor was 3 miles away so we used a chain and a van to straighten it out and then we used the dif lock to drive it out of the mud.

Attachments

• DSC01619_edited.JPG
    DSC01619_edited.JPG
    863.9 KB · Views: 676
  • DSC01620_edited.JPG
    DSC01620_edited.JPG
    971.4 KB · Views: 628
   / Plow Snow? In Michigan, we plow mud! #2  
Rad,
Sorry you had to work so hard just to get unstuck. Dont you hate it when that happens. Like you we have had so much rain i can't even take the tractor out of the barn. Know anywhere i went I would be down like you, or diches through everythins. Yuck.

/ Plow Snow? In Michigan, we plow mud! #3  
Raddad said:
While backfilling a trench for a new sewer line it got a little muddy and my son got one of our tractors stuck. I thought it might tip over so I had him climb off and we shortened up the top link to get the blade out of the mud. Our other tractor was 3 miles away so we used a chain and a van to straighten it out and then we used the dif lock to drive it out of the mud.

Bummer, but you did the right thing. Better to be safe than sorry.

I can't imagine taking my tractor out right now. Our ground is more saturated than the normal spring with all this rain we've been getting.

/ Plow Snow? In Michigan, we plow mud! #4  
Wierd optical illusion, but it looks like the back tires are on backwards.

Cliff

/ Plow Snow? In Michigan, we plow mud! #5  
Cliff_Johns said:
Wierd optical illusion, but it looks like the back tires are on backwards.

Cliff
LOL I remember that in another thread being talked about, I thing the dealer did that LOL Put tires on the wrong side

/ Plow Snow? In Michigan, we plow mud! #6  
You just talked me into putting a winch on mine.....wanted one anyway, just needed the excuse.

/ Plow Snow? In Michigan, we plow mud! #7  
Evening Raddad.
Those little mules are one tough buggers...glad no mishapes to anyone.

/ Plow Snow? In Michigan, we plow mud! #8  
Yeah my property is a swamp right now, I can't work on half of it. Got the 580 stuck today and just shut her down, I will get it out tomorrow. Its not in that bad.

This weather just sucks