Snow Attachments Front Mount Snow Blowers for most tractors

/ Front Mount Snow Blowers for most tractors #1  

Gold Member
Tractor
Jinma 204 -- now gone
Hi All,

Cruising the net and bumped into this which shows mounting snow blowers on the front of tractors with no mid PTO but using the rear PTO.

Alcan front mount PTO snow blower for tractors

Looks kind of interesting.

Have a great nite

Tom

/ Front Mount Snow Blowers for most tractors #2  
Erskine has been around for some time. Members here feel their equipment is well made. Having owned & operated 2 front mount snowblowers, i cant imagine looking backwards over my shoulder to blow snow, jmho.

/ Front Mount Snow Blowers for most tractors #3  
Any idea what one of those cost?

and how hard it is to hook up?
Looks like a PITA, esp if you had to take off your loader first.

/ Front Mount Snow Blowers for most tractors #4  
I have a Erskine 78" front mount snow blower, its model number 780-1FM. It has hydraulic lift and chute which is controlled by a valve mounted on my right fender. I have moved it a few times and it is time consuming removing the loader, but the last time, I just raised my loader high enough to go over the chute and hooked it up. Just don't lower your loader until its unhooked. My tractor is a MF 1445. I bought it used of a man who was retiring, it came with lots of implements. I never have used the blower, my driveway is about 1000' long and I usually plow it with my truck. The cost of the blower according to my paperwork was $5700.00 from Knoxland Equipment up in Weare, NH. He used it to snowblow his paved driveway so its in awesome shape. I actually did call them a few months back about trading it in or selling it. I wanted a rototiller. The pretty much told me if it did sell by them I might have enough to get a tiller, but would probably owe a little bit towards the tiller. I never took it there. I will sit it in my field and plant flowers around it before I give it away. :)

Dennis

/ Front Mount Snow Blowers for most tractors #5  
Thanks
Just like me, "sit in the field and grow flowers around it"
It's ok, sooner or later you'll get a big blizzard where it will be useful.

/ Front Mount Snow Blowers for most tractors #6  
Dennis that is a real nice snowblower. Just wondering what you would want for it? Although I would think you would want to hold onto it!

By the way Knoxland Equipment is no longer in Weare, NH. They have built a new building up off from I-89, I think it is exit 7. Guess they felt it would be more traffic and easier for customers to find.

Naturally, I live about six miles from the old place and never knew they moved until I went over there looking for a few parts! Pretty sad when you drive into the parking lot and there is nothing there! Also there are no cows at the farm anymore. Sign of the times.

Wayne

/ Front Mount Snow Blowers for most tractors #7  
I am not sure to be honest what it is even worth. I posted a thread awhile ago about it to see what people thought. I have watched them on Ebay also. I just hate to see something just sit there, but like I said I am not going to give it away. I have thought about keeping it but I usually plow with my truck and if my tractor had a cab I actually might keep it, but me being inside my warm truck or outside on my tractor with drifting snow blowing in my face isnt much of a choice.