Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Kubota B-7500

Default Re: Snow removal

go for it, but I would consider getting a rake with the gauge wheels.

Tractor
    New Holland TC29DA, John Deere 455D

Solo:

This has been a very, very boring winter in NE, but based on past experiences I think BTDT, LoneCowboy, and Thomas are giving you good advise. I use the wood ashes from my wood stove with good effect and sand only if the ashes do not work. "She Who Must Be Obeyed " gets very upset when snow and ice removal takes gravel away from the driveway. I agree that you should buy a landscape rake with dual gauge wheels for other purposes . Jay

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2006 JD 3520 w/cab & 300CX loader. 1995 JD 870 w/440 loader & 8b backhoe.JD 455 w/54" mower deck.

Work the rake properly you loose absolutely no stone.If by chance you get a deep snow all you have to do is angle the rake and only windrow the snow to the edge of your driveway, not off the drive. If you get some stone with the snow, when the snow melts the stone will still be on the drive. Then just angle the rake in and pull the stone from the edge onto the road. You got to use a little fineness. Don't rake with reckless abandon. Take your time, 3 to 4 mph tops. The rake will do a better job on stone roads and drives than a front blade,FEL bucket,box blade or a rear blade.........hands down!
    "Good judgement comes from experience.Experience comes from bad judgement."

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046 & Craftman T2200 lawn mower.

"This has been a very, very boring winter in NE"

Morning Jay.
    It sure has been boring winter,sooooo boring even our small deer herd just eats and sleeps....almost got honey do list done...now that's boring right there.

Tractor
    Kubota B-7500

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas
    "This has been a very, very boring winter in NE"

Morning Jay.
    It sure has been boring winter,sooooo boring even our small deer herd just eats and sleeps....almost got honey do list done...now that's boring right there.
    I went out this morning and started the tractor..............then backed it up the length of the drive way and pretended I was blowing snow.......Than pulled back in and shut it off. No snow no go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12