Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tractor
    all makes and models

Default Re: Terramite vs Kubota U15

Quote Originally Posted by cstamm81 View Post
    old thread but... I am so surprised most people hate the Terramites. I have a T5C I bought used. I beat the living snot out of it and it never complains. Slow, yes, unrefined yes. Easy to work on and what other 3100 lb machine can lift 1700lbs with the FEL? I wish it had a bigger bucket and QA loader, but I can live with these things. Mine can climb a hill so steep it tries to tip over backwards. I have the very wide rear tires and I am surprised how much traction I can get for a light machine with a 20 hp lawn mower engine. It will spin the tires on concrete if you push into something it can't move.
    I am biased but find me another $8000 machine that can do what this thing does and I am all ears. I can probably replace all the pins on my backhoe for the same cost as a kubota headlight.
    Until you operate both, you don't know!

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3016HST, 2003 Terramite T5C TLB

good point and that may very well be true, I could hop on a Bota and be blown away. But for the price, I can't even touch a BX series Bota that has what a 500lb fel capacity? I know people who can deadlift more than that lol. But you are right, a kubota with similar capacities is probably a more refined machine and the 4wd would be nice at times.

Tractor
    Terramite T5D

I have a terramite T5D and have been very impressed at what this machine will do. If you like to spend money then buy the kubota, but if you want a hard working TLB for less money get the terramite. The terramite is built like a tank. The body of the kubota is stamped steel and plastic the terramite's body is made from thick steel. The terramite may not be as refined as the kubota but the terramite's are tough to beat for the money that you can get a used one for.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123