Terramite parts sources?

/ Terramite parts sources? #21  
Hey 2manyrocks, (in my case I think their in my head :O)
I went to put new seals in one of my outrigger cylinders and could not get it apart. I pounded (plastic hammer) the plate on the end with the holes but the locking wire never came out? What next?
Dave ( hoe2work4u@yahoo.com)

/ Terramite parts sources? #22  
You can get an adjustable spanner wrench for the end of cylinders. One half turn and the wire should come out and the plug will then come out. When you replace the seals I found that it is good to rebuild the whole cylinder. The fluid can leak by the rings sort of a internal leak. I replaced the rings on the pistons and could not tell any differance but on the curl cylinder it helped a lot. You can get the rebuild kit from a local hyd shop or from terrimite.. You will need a 400lb Impact wrench to take the nut off the rod. Hope this helps big dan

/ Terramite parts sources? #23  
You can get an adjustable spanner wrench for the end of cylinders. One half turn and the wire should come out and the plug will then come out. When you replace the seals I found that it is good to rebuild the whole cylinder. The fluid can leak by the rings sort of a internal leak. I replaced the rings on the pistons and could not tell any differance but on the curl cylinder it helped a lot. You can get the rebuild kit from a local hyd shop or from terrimite.. You will need a 400lb Impact wrench to take the nut off the rod. Hope this helps big dan
Dan thanks for the info I have a cylinder that is leaking and was curious as to how the cylinder came apart myself.

/ Terramite parts sources? #24  
I only knlow about the t5c the larger machines may work differently. There are two different sized cylinders on thet machine.

/ Terramite parts sources? #25  
Hey Dan, thanks so much for your time taken to write. I do have another question now though (just like a 5 year old huh :O) So I've spun the end and the wire did not come out, now what? Do I need to tap it in further to catch something inside when turning the end peice?

/ Terramite parts sources? #26  
/When I spun the end the wire came out and the end sliped out. If the end of the cylinder is bent over or mushroomed in towards the center this could keep the plug from coming out. It seems like one of my cylinders was buggered up on end and had to grind on it a little. Will the plug spin all the way around? bigdan

/ Terramite parts sources? #27  
If the wire is completly out of the cylinder, the plug will spin all the way around.

/ Terramite parts sources? #28  
I notice that the cylinder that you are working on is a outrigger one. We I rebuilt mine it was to much trouble to remove the out rigger ones so left them attached to tractor. You can pull on the end of rod once the wire is out and pull out rod and retainer. While you are rebuilding the cylinder you can crank the tractor and move it just don't move the levers going to whatever cylinder that you have apart. big dan

/ Terramite parts sources? #30  
Are there any sources for Terramite parts besides having to deal with Terramite directly? I have been dealing direct with them on some parts and I cant believe how horrible and unresponsive they are. They are almost painful to deal with. I would gladly pay a few extra bucks for parts from a source that actually wanted to deal with me.

Wow, this thread spans a lot of time, but if you Terramite guys are still around I still have a problem with my 96 T5Cs brakes. I bought new parts from Terramite and sent them this email back in 2007:

"I've spent two days trying to install the new brake band I purchased from you and am a bit frustrated by the experience. I used the updated spring and spring bracket (a real PITA to get in place) and thought all would be well once I finally got everything tightened in place, but the drum is offset to the rear from the pivot mount for the band and the brake band simply slides forward off the rounded edge of the drum. Inspecting the old band I suspect it did the same thing, perhaps from new, and it eventually wore off the cable attachment end.

I was going to try removing 1/4" from the face of the permanent part of the band lower pivot so I could move the band back to better align with the drum, but it was too hard for a saw blade and the area too cramped to get a grinder in. Then I thought I might shift the drum forward by removing the four bolts and placing spacers between the drum and the flange, but I could not get the drum to move even with the bolts removed. It also appears the drum may be the driving member between the hydraulic motor and the differential flange; is it?

This looks like a day one deviation with the drum offset from the band mounting resulting in the band slipping forward off the drum, and there does not seem to be any method to adjust either to get the band aligned with the drum. I called the parts department yesterday to ask if the drum was originally rounded like that or if it might have worn that way, and the fellow said it was originally rounded and has now been superseded by a welded drum.

I really want to have the safety factor of a brake in case of power loss and for parking, but I've had to remove the band again since it just won't stay in place. Please advise what I can do to get this brake to work, I've exhausted my ideas. Below are pictures of the band as installed and as it is tightened and slips off the drum."

I never heard back from this 2007 email or from a followup I sent in 2010. Any suggestions on how to get working brakes on this machine?

Terramite brake - new band is off center.jpgTerramite brake - new band slips off.jpg