Terramite parts sources?

/ Terramite parts sources? #31  
As a follow-up, I emailed Terramite again and did get a reply which suggested "you need a new brake drum

part number 57034 $58.84."

So....anyone else have a problem with the brake drum with the rounded edge? From the worn out end of the original brake band I'd guess it had always slipped over the edge and didn't work from new, and the "welded drum" was Terramite's fix for an original design problem.

/ Terramite parts sources? #32  
As a follow-up, I emailed Terramite again and did get a reply which suggested "you need a new brake drum

part number 57034 $58.84."

So....anyone else have a problem with the brake drum with the rounded edge? From the worn out end of the original brake band I'd guess it had always slipped over the edge and didn't work from new, and the "welded drum" was Terramite's fix for an original design problem.
Thanks for the info on the brake drum. I found my companion flange assembly is damaged (2 bolts are gone and the tips on the flange are broken off) so I will be replacing it - I also have a 96 model so while I am under the machine will check to see if I need to order that as well. Previous owner had unhooked the brake completely. Based on all the comments on this forum, I better put a full list together and but it all st one time due to the high shipping costs.

/ Terramite parts sources? #33  
For used engine(s) parts I go regularly to a couple of local metal recycling yards and buy the engines and various parts by the pound usually no more than .20 cents a pound, but prices are subject to change. I have 2 extra 20hp Kohler engines and 1 18hp B&S backup engines. I plan to post other part info here as well.
Cheers,
Ryck

/ Terramite parts sources? #34  
Great idea on the motors. I am going to pick up a 20hp Kohler with about 400 hours that I plan on shelving till I need it. Mine probably has well over 2500 hours so figure it will go sooner than later. This was reasonably priced so hard to turn down.

/ Terramite parts sources? #35  
Thanks for the info on the brake drum. I found my companion flange assembly is damaged (2 bolts are gone and the tips on the flange are broken off) so I will be replacing it - I also have a 96 model so while I am under the machine will check to see if I need to order that as well. Previous owner had unhooked the brake completely. Based on all the comments on this forum, I better put a full list together and but it all st one time due to the high shipping costs.

advice from Scott, "... I ask for Eric in the service department. He is much easier to work with and really knowledgable on these tractors." so I'll give Eric a call.

In the meantime I've not been able to get to www.terramite.com. Anyone know if they've changed or taken down their web site? I was hoping to find a better parts listing for my T5C as the one I have doesn't even show the guard for the bucket cylinder. Also, is there any sort of maintenance manual for these machines? I bought the operator's manual but it seems hand signals and decal placement are the most important things to know - not how to fix the darn thing. And finally, does the bucket pin just hammer out? Mine didn't want to move at all and I was concerned about just getting a bigger hammer until I was sure.

/ Terramite parts sources? #36  
I think terramite only has the operators manual and the parts manual. I have been unable to find anything that explaines how to repair one of these things. On the bucket pin soak it good with some pb blaster,remove the holding nut and it should hammer out. I went throu most of the pins on mine last summer,some came right out while other's took a little work to get free'd up so that hey would slide out. They have a tight tollerence so any built up rust or dirt and hardend grease will make them difficult to remove.

/ Terramite parts sources? #37  
Hi All, I am trying to locate an aftermarket backhoe curl hydraulic cylinder for my 2001 t5c, mine has the extra linkage on the bucket. The measurements I took are 27 inches retracted from the center of the mounting hole to the center of the mounting hole on the bucket linkage and 44 inches extended. If anyone has replaced theirs please share the info as soon as I find a replacement and will post my source when I do find one.
Cheers,
Ryck

/ Terramite parts sources? #38  
I need to replace the gas & choke cables and have oil leaking down the steering column. Would like advice on replacement parts. I'm a new owner of an old machine. Jannige

/ Terramite parts sources? #39  
I'm not completely familiar with every tractor but I can provide advice if you post pictures of your issues.

/ Terramite parts sources? #40  
Jannige, I've got the same fluid leakage from the column. It started by having no center cap on the steering wheel (since before I bought mine). Water leaks in from outside storage & rusts the shaft, which takes out its upper bushing. A bulge in the outer column says that water has frozen inside it. The following applies to offset-column T5Cs:

Once the shaft starts to wobble a 'face' seal, where the shaft goes into the steering box, leaks & allows the column to fill with hydro. It's about 1" x 1/8" and (if you have the offset column too) WE are in a bit of trouble there. I sent for the seal. $42 and another $14 to have it sent by FedEx (mailed by the bums) in a 8x12 bubble envelope.

The column has to come out, but the wheel must come off to replace the seal or bushing. (That's where I'm hung up, & Kroil-soaking for months isn't freeing-up the wheel's spline.) If you get that far, don't just take the column OR box apart without calling TerraQuip. A guy there will talk you through disassembly, which if done wrong will spill parts you'd never get back together, much less the right way.

Since the offset steering box is no longer available, these would replace what's on the old models (while available):
Surplus Center - 5.9 CU IN CHARLYNN 211-1008 NLR STEERING VALVE (non load reacting)
Surplus Center - 18" CHARLYNN 204-1015 STEERING COLUMN
A new wheel would be needed too, and maybe some bracketing to mount the box at the bottom.

My 'bubba' alternative in the meantime ... would be to install a clamp-over valve (icemaker tap) and a catch can for the oil to keep it from trickling out the top & off my britches-leg. (Haven't gone there yet.) PM me if you want more about it.

As you know, Terramite is under new ownership as of earlier this year. In the past, they've been quite good about parts (not prices) & the same guys are likely there to help. PM me for other stuff if you like. (A new tractor makes the T5C my 'tinker' toy for now & I'm 'all over it'. :))