Terramite parts sources?

/ Terramite parts sources? #1  

Chevy Guy

Are there any sources for Terramite parts besides having to deal with Terramite directly? I have been dealing direct with them on some parts and I cant believe how horrible and unresponsive they are. They are almost painful to deal with. I would gladly pay a few extra bucks for parts from a source that actually wanted to deal with me.

/ Terramite parts sources? #3  
I've never needed any factory parts for my T5 but that may just be luck.

So far, I've made hoses, one engine mount, cylinder brackets, replacement pins, rebuilt cylinders, a backhoe bucket, sheet metal (note to self - don't let sister drive tractor again!) and many small parts. With only one source for specific items you may be stuck dealing with the factory.

Good luck and if you do find anything, please let us know.

Jeff

/ Terramite parts sources? #4  
What parts are you looking for?

The o ring seals on the cylinders can be found at a hydraulics shop. Kohler engine parts are at lawn mower shops. I forget who makes the hydraulic pump, but a lot of these parts can be obtained elsewhere.

/ Terramite parts sources? #5  
we have a terramite T5C and are in need of an ignition switch p/n 7-03.3 anyone have any ideas where (besides terramite) I might chk a cross reference for that part locally. st charles mo/st louis mo. appreciate it cycle789

/ Terramite parts sources? #6  
Tractor supply has universal ignition switches that might work. When my ignition switch went bad I used a rubber covered push button and Ford solenoid. Made a neat job and has worked great for over a year. The way mine was wired when I got it all the starting current was on the switch. That's why I used the solenoid to carry the heavy load and not put it on the push button switch. Google wiring a Ford solenoid.

Matt

/ Terramite parts sources? #7  
sounds pretty technical but thks for the advice.

/ Terramite parts sources? #8  
I think it's one of those things that's easier to do than explain. Those old style solenoids are cheap (under $15 @ local parts house). And being designed to carry the starting load for an automotive engine, should last forever on a 20 HP in my reasoning. There is plenty of room on the firewall to mount it.

My machine is old so I can't say how it was wired from factory, but I'm sure I improved it over the way it was when it came to me. My machine gets cut off and restarted a lot. Anytime I'm going to be working around the front bucket it gets cut off because I despise eating the exhaust.

Talk to an old school mechanic or look at an old Ford tractor to see how it's wired. Electric things aren't my strong area but I figured it out pretty quick after a 5 minute conversation with a knowledgeable friend.

/ Terramite parts sources? #9  
Travis 5218 does Terramite have a web site, where are they located and a phone contact number?