Tractor
    British Leyland 154

Default Terramite hydraulic problem

My 1998 Terramite T6 seems to have a hydraulic problem, maybe more than one. After lifting a heavy log on the FEL I tried to turn and heard the reliefs (or at least some weird noises) Now my hydraulic steering turns right, but not left.
    The Terramite runs a dual pumps that drive forward and reverse. Prior to this event it would go forward and then hit a kinda second gear automatically, now it just stays in the "low" speed. They seem to make more noise now too.
    What i am wondering is if I have a seal blown in the steering ram, which seems to work a little better while I am moving forward, and this is limiting the pressure available for the forward drive? Or maybe it is the steering valve?
    Or the two are complete unrelated which would suck.
    Appreciate any help here, thanks.

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

Default Re: Terramite hydraulic problem

I can't be much of a help-I am not familiar with that machine or it's hydraulic system at all...

I can only offer the basic advice:

Fluid clean, clear and not milky or foamy looking?
    Fluid at the proper level?
    Filter replaced?
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain and Rigging Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components, and MUCH more!

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Visit our YouTube Channel

Tractor
    Terramite 5C Diesel

Default Re: Terramite hydraulic problem

Hopefully you have figured it out by now... but just in case, I had similar issues with my T5C. I finally tracked it down to the fluid level. (Well, actually it was the first thing I checked and corrected, the problem went away after that.)