"New" Terramite

/ "New" Terramite #1  

dieselfuelonly

Gold Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM1401D
I worked out a trade with a guy and got this neat little Terramite backhoe and some cash in trade for my Bobcat 753. The Bobcat had some hydraulic issues, and the Terramite has a sticking pedal and needs some cleaning up and fresh paint (previous owner has almost finished sanding it completely) - doesn't really have any rust which is good. It WAS a rental before the previous owner bought it, and I'm sure it got abused, but all in all it seems to be in OK shape.

The pedal will stick in forward or reverse - it will physically return to the neutral position but the machine won't come to a stop unless you move the pedal way back in the opposite direction. It does seem to return to neutral through if you put a load against it, like try to drive into a big pile of dirt or a tree. I don't think its a linkage, not sure where to start but that will be a project for another weekend.

But its all there and it works and runs nicely otherwise, was out making a fool of myself trying to dig a hole a few minutes ago. Here are some pictures.

Since my original plans to start out my business with the Bobcat never worked out since I stayed in school, I think we made a fair trade and I got some extra cash now as well.

IMG_0117Medium.jpg

IMG_0118Medium.jpg

IMG_0119Medium.jpg

IMG_0120Medium.jpg

IMG_0121Medium.jpg

/ "New" Terramite #2  
Looks like it could be fun.
Where is it mfg. ? Do you have tech manuals with it, or can get them? Maybe they have an OEM tranny?

/ "New" Terramite #3  
They are a pretty neat piece. Work well for what they were designed and built to be.
A downloadable parts manual is available at terramite.com.