New Terramite Forum

/ New Terramite Forum #1  

Muhammad

Administrator
Tractor
None currently
Hi Everybody,

We now have added a new section for the discussion of Terramite equipment!

Please post discussions and tell your friends. :thumbsup:

/ New Terramite Forum #3  
I just found this forum. Looks like a great place to talk Terramite.

/ New Terramite Forum #4  
Great to have you aboard. Welcome to the land of Terramites.

/ New Terramite Forum #6  
I have a 2001 T5C, it has about 1700 hours on it. Using about a quart of oil (engine) per 10 hours operation time. How wore out is it? Should I be looking at rebuild vs new engine? Starts and runs good.

/ New Terramite Forum #7  
All air cooled engines will burn some oil even when new. A certified kohler mechanic told me that I could expect to get 3000-3500 hours out of my kohler 20 horse engine as long as proper maintenance was performed. regular oil and filter and air filter changes. My terramite has 1530 hours on it now and it also uses some oil but it starts and runs Great. I plan on running it till it wont run no more then replacing the engine with a new kohler 25 horse. Hopefully that will be a good long time down the road. I would say just use it untill something happens and worry about it at that point. You might just be surprised how long it will last. Not sure if you have the kohler motor or not.

/ New Terramite Forum #8  
Hey Steve, thanks soooo much for the input,that is GREAT to hear. I will go with the Kohler when time comes, right now I have a honda 20 hp in it. A little more power is always welcome. I love this little work horse. But I think it has had many years of use with little maintenance, but it seems to be a very will built machine.

/ New Terramite Forum #9  
The honda engine is a very good engine. I have a few things with smaller honda engines and they all run Great and have had very good life. These little terramites are so handy to have around,I dont know what I would do without it now.

/ New Terramite Forum #10  
Thanks Steve, U have any feel for a comparsion between the Kohler and the Honda? Is the extra 4 hp as significant as it sounds when you are only talking about a 20 hp engine its almost an added 20%.