New T5c owner

/ New T5c owner #1  

Speedfreak

Tractor
none yet
Hey all, Long time reader I just registered after I bought a T5c got it for a decent price runs good just one leaky hose and one leaky cylinder and it was in the next town so that counts for a bunch there was no traveling cost. But I have a few questions....

Where do I get parts? The plan is to rebuild, repaint, and refurbish it back to "like new" and then sell it.

And the hoe is loose I assume this is normal since it was a rental and more than likely beat to heck. But how hard are they to replace all the bushings? Can it be done in 5 hours? 50 Hours???

And is there a service manual on how to do this stuff or just tear into it? I am pretty mechanical can do about anything.

Thanks for the info and I will be asking some more ?? as they come up.

/ New T5c owner #2  
Hey Speedfreak congratulations on the new Terramite. I usually get all my tractor related parts from the factory and engine related parts form who ever has Kohler stuff at the best priice. All my dealings with the factory for parts have been very good and they always manage to get it right the first time. As far as a service manual, I'm not sure if there is one. I have a parts breakdown and an owners manual, both of which I got from Terramite for free. These things were built primarily as rental units so they are fairly simple to fix and use. I have had no problems fixing anything on my T5C as of yet. Good luck with the project!

/ New T5c owner
Thanks for the info. I called the factory but didn't have my model number or an actual list of what parts I wanted. I am going to start fixing it up (tool box, fel hooks and I am building a 36 inch blade for the hoe for snow removal and grading) and then I will see bad it needs a paint job. Might just keep playing with it.

I have the fever now.. I want to sell this one and get me a newer, bigger hoe... LOL

/ New T5c owner #4  
Yes, they usually ask for you tractors serial number for a reference. They sent me a parts book, no prices, but a very good breakdown of the machine with part numbers for each piece. To be honest I never justify the need for a bigger unit here as this one will do just about anything I need to get done. I have dug out large stumps, trenched a 48" ditch 300 ft for a water line, tore out my old porch slab, dug a small pond for our animals, and moved literaly tons and tons of stone and dirt with mine and regularly use it to clean stalls.

/ New T5c owner
I think it is great how strong it is. I have always been amazed at the strength of these things. I keep looking at what compact tractors get done and am amazed. I need to get my thumb on order so I can start moving the rocks that I originally purchased it for. Then I will get a feel for it's strength. Plus I need some practice.. Still can't get a fluid motion out of the hoe.