Cold start tc5

/ Cold start tc5 #1  

jsubeh

My tc5 won't start on cold days 20 of less do you guys have the same problem or is it just mine

/ Cold start tc5
I just called Terramite they said to change oil in engine and tank to 10w30

/ Cold start tc5 #3  
Mine doesn't want to start either when it's that cold. The manual tells you to change the oil to a lighter weight if your going to run it during the winter.

/ Cold start tc5 #4  
hi, names bob. im looking to by one these units used and know nothing about them . the one im looking at has about 1200 hrs on it w/ BH and FEL. SO..... what are they really like?:)

/ Cold start tc5 #5  
These have lawn mower motors if it won't start when it is cold you need carb work on your motor. Mine fires up like your car in any weather. I also have a 24 Kohler and a 27 honda that fires up in any weather.

and robert thomas... If you have time they will get the job done. (think ownership) if you want it done fast then bigger is better. I can't wait to sell it and go to a full size hoe but it serves it's purpose and does its job well. Powerfull and cheap what more can you ask for.

/ Cold start tc5 #6  
I have owned mine for about 4 years now and love it. I use it around the farm alot - good for cleaning manure as it is fairly small. Use mine to move round bales. The hoe and loader work very well and it digs fairly deep for a samll tractor. I have used it to complete a bunch of projects around here. It's butt ugly, but a workhorse and simple to fix. Also has hydrostatic drive which is nice.
Like anything else, consider buying the proper size equipment for your needs. I wouldn't want to commercially excavate with one, but for home or small farm use it is great. My opinion is many people are to conservative when purchasing a piece of equipment, they don't think they will need anything larger and a year later regret the purchase because what they have is too small or underpowered for the job. If you need a full size back hoe, buy one. I picked mine up used (my wife wasn't really enthused about it at the time, but loves it now) and don't see a need to upgrade.
A negative to these units is that it has a dedicated hoe unit - no PTO. If you are considering using only one tractor on your property and need a PTO this isn't the unit for you. I own two other tractors with a PTO so the Terramite is used as a loader and hoe only.