Skid loader type quick disconnect on Terramite?

/ Skid loader type quick disconnect on Terramite?
I would say that the sky is the limit with so many quick attach applications available but due to the size of the Terramite, there are some limitations. I was moving twelve foot long heavy wall galvanized pipe round pen panels the other day. Six to eight at a time is about the limit and I had to take my time due to the loader lurching around. Of course, taking your time is not an issue, lol.

If I never get beyond just being able to use my forks, I am pleased with the results. I plan on starting on attaching my quick disconnect plate to the bucket this weekend.

/ Skid loader type quick disconnect on Terramite? #12  
Very good job my friend. And see I have the t5c which only has the one tilt cylinder in the middle of the bucket. So my measurements won't be close to yours :( . But if the t7 has a tough time handling the weight up front I don't know how well the t5c will hold up at all. I still think it is worth putting the quick attach on the machine even just to change buckets or throw some forks on like you do. I originally was thinking on running the aux hydros to the front and then it would be possible to run skid loader type implements like say maybe a brush hog, Harley rake, snow blower ect.. I know the hydraulic system can handle it, but then come to realize the machine might not be able to handle the weight. Anybody out there have any thoughts on this?

/ Skid loader type quick disconnect on Terramite? #13  
I don't know why it couldn't handle the weight of the bush hog or snow blower jack hammer... but things like the forks would be a challenge since they are used to lift and you would be lowering that capacity by adding the weight of the attachment alone.

I want some forks for moving rocks and such but the loader won't handle the rocks now so I know if I add more metal then it sure won't handle the rocks

/ Skid loader type quick disconnect on Terramite? #14  
I have been considering a QA for my T9 for some time, but can't find a reason to purchase unless I have a hydraulic system for a grapple. I have some trees and brush that I am clearing and know that, at the least, I need some forks. I am thinking that a pair of 1500lb capacity roll-on forks that hang off of 3 hooks welded to the top of the bucket will do the job. Obviously, the lift capacity of the forks way out in front of the pins would be down from the 2300 lb rated capacity, that is why I thought the 1500lb forks would work.

To get a QA would entail the cost of the QA, the cost of a set of QA forks, the cost of a plate for the Terramite bucket and then paying for someone to arc weld the plate to the bucket.

The forks I am considering are made by Arrow Material Handling, a couple of miles from me in Kansas City.

Bucket Forks for Backhoes - Loaders: Ships Today!

Except for the forks, I can't think of any other QA attachment that I might use, that wouldn't require a hydraulic circuit (clam bucket, grapple, post hole drill, sweeper, etc.).

Anybody have any thoughts?

If you read all of my posts, I had said that I wanted to use my grapple bucket but once I got the adaptor on, it was quite apparent that my solid bottom 72" bucket was too heavy empty much less loaded. Perhaps a smaller open bucket might work but I don't have that much need nor do I think my machine lacking four wheel drive would accomplish much.

Right after I put the adaptor on, a storm brought down a big tree. While I could pick up pretty good sized logs with the forks, I had to be going forward up hill or I did not have enough traction. The forks worked pretty good to gather up the brush without digging up my pasture.

I fabbed up some brackets to go between the adaptor plate and my bucket today. I did not want to weld the bucket just yet. I want to see how the machine behaves with the bucket so far forward of the stock position. The bucket ended up to be a full twelve inches forward with the brackets. If I cut the bucket brackets down and weld the plate directly to the bucket, it will still be out eight inches.

Welding is not my best skill nor do I have a permanent area set up to do so. That's why I had the adaptor made for me.

I will ty to get some photos of the bucket up either tomorrow of the weekend. What with my work schedule and trying to keep up with the grass around my place, it might be awhile until I get some time working with the bucket.

/ Skid loader type quick disconnect on Terramite? #16  
It appears that the buckets you already have are too heavy for the T9. As I have said, I don't own any other attachments that I would use for mine, so I would have to purchase everything (adapter, QA plate for original bucket, QA forks), just to get the forks. The cost seems prohibitive when compared to just getting a set of add-on bucket forks. The other issue is that I don't do any welding, so I would have to pay for that too. I doubt that I would be able to recover all of the cost, if I decide to sell the T9. Not that that would happen soon as I was out yesterday evening tearing out trees with the backhoe. My idea of fun and relaxation after a long day at the office.

As far as a grapple, I was not really thinking of a grapple bucket, but rather a grapple that would work with the forks.

BTW - Terramite will not sell their hydraulics for their grapple bucket as an add-on. They said it is a "liability issue" and must be factory installed.

/ Skid loader type quick disconnect on Terramite? #17  
I've always wanted a QA for my 2007 T-9, If you don't mind me asking what did the QA adapter cost?

I've always wanted a QA for my 2007 T-9, If you don't mind me asking what did the QA adapter cost?
About 700 for the adaptor. I would have to pull up my reciept to check exactly. With the adaptor, the plate adaptor to weld to the stock bucket and business to business freight, I think it came to 950.

Sorry I have not posted photos of the brackets I fabbed up and welded to the adaptor plate so I would not have to modfy the bucket. Been just to busy.

I have been using the bucket though and balance is not an issue even though it is a foot forward of where stock was. I got the angle off though so I cannot tip the bucket back as far as I would like to. I was also having trouble filling the bucket though that was with digging into some heavy clay I had pushed up that then got well soaked.

I decided to bite the bullet and weld the adaptor plate directly to the bucket. I guess I had better pull the quick disconnect adaptor off and recheck the stock geometry. Once I cut those brackets on the back of the bucket, there won't be much going back.

/ Skid loader type quick disconnect on Terramite? #19  
:licking:

What about a quick connect for the other end (backhoe)?

Here are some photos of how I measured up the bucket. Not sure if the bucket design has changed through the years but mine did not lend itself to sitting flat on the floor to easily.
I will add my measurements for anyone wanting to compare.

You need to measure the following:

Pin diameters. 1"
Distance from the floor to the center of the lower pin. 6"
Verticle distance center to center of the pins. 13 11/16" (I used true center to center not verticle by mistake)
Distance between the pin centers to the back of the bucket. 2.5" top, 4 13/16" bottom

On the back of the bucket, you need to measure:

Distance between the inside of the two outer brackets. 31 7/8"
Distance between the inside of the two inner brackets. 27.5"
Distance between the inside of the brackets. 2 1/4"

Washburn will send you a copy of the instructions. Anyone who wishes to work with them may reference my invoice #4315 dated 5/11/2011

:licking:

What about a quick connect for the other end (backhoe)?
You would stand the machine on it's "nose". I had the tires loaded on the T9 I "had". Made a big difference. I say "had" because I sold it a couple of months ago. After I completed several projects, it sat too much and I needed some money for my next big idea.