Skid loader type quick disconnect on Terramite?

/ Skid loader type quick disconnect on Terramite? #1  

QRTRHRS

Elite Member
Tractor
None at this time.
Has anyone added a skid loader type quick disconnect adaptor to the front end loader on a Terramite? If so, did you find a place to purchase an adaptor to fit or did you have to modify something?

I am looking at buying one of these machines but need to use my forks on occasion.

Along with the disconnect, I would also maybe want to run hydraulics up front for my grapple bucket.

Appreciate any suggestions or comments.

/ Skid loader type quick disconnect on Terramite? #2  
This firm below makes adapters and sells adapter parts for a lot of tractors and skid steers. I haven't looked for Terramite specifically, but he will custom build if not available in stock. If nothing else you may get some ideas for a local builder to work with.

Loader adapters converts Kubota to skidsteer attachments

/ Skid loader type quick disconnect on Terramite?
Well, I bought a 2001 T9, 2x4, Perkins diesel with about 1200 hours. Had it out for about an hour to dig out some old stumps. Pretty impressed with what the backhoe will do for the size. Gets around my barn nicely which is why I bought the T9 over an older larger loader/hoe.

I have not had time to look at the adaptor lead but I did find another site that looks promising. They have a downloadable form showing how to measure up the stock bucket. So, I will be working with both sites for the best (least expensive) solution.

Once I get through the attachment process then I will start on adding an extra hydraulic outlet so I can use my grapple bucket.

This firm below makes adapters and sells adapter parts for a lot of tractors and skid steers. I haven't looked for Terramite specifically, but he will custom build if not available in stock. If nothing else you may get some ideas for a local builder to work with.

Loader adapters converts Kubota to skidsteer attachments
I took your suggestion and am having the adaptor made by this company. I had to forward them several measurements and photos. Lead time is about three weeks.

I am also getting an adaptor plate for the original bucket. I am still deciding if I want to cut the mounting flanges off the original and weld the mounting plate to it or if I should make keep it stock and make some brackets for the plate then pin the bucket to it.

Meanwhile, I need to call Terramite to see about getting extra hydraulic power to the front. They currently offer a 4/1 bucket with the T9 so maybe that will work. Else, I will add a selenoid controlled valve as suggested on the Hydraulics forum.

/ Skid loader type quick disconnect on Terramite? #5  
First post ever so bare with :). But How did your adapter turn out? I am going to do the same to my t5c . I've search high and low for someone that has already done it to the machine but apparently it's never been done. Just wondering if u got yours going. Anyhooo post some pics if u have some free time . Thanks. Much appreciated

First post ever so bare with :). But How did your adapter turn out? I am going to do the same to my t5c . I've search high and low for someone that has already done it to the machine but apparently it's never been done. Just wondering if u got yours going. Anyhooo post some pics if u have some free time . Thanks. Much appreciated
The adaptor is setting in the bucket waiting on time and decent weather. I have been working the last four days since it came in so I have not had a chance to put it on. I do plan on posting photos and sharing my results as soon as I can.

The company jbooth recomended was easy to work with and the adaptor looks worthy. With the bucket off, I took measurements and scribed a profile of the back side of the bucket. I also got an adaptor plate to convert the stock bucket to quck disconnect.

I am not sure yet if I am going to weld the adaptor plate to the bucket or fab up something and pin the stock bucket to the adaptor. I am looking at beinng able to reverse the machine to stock vs the change in geometry and added weight to the loader.

The combined shipping weight of the adaptor and attachment plate was 325 lbs which would also include the pallet weight I assume. I am not sure if my 2001 T9 was rated at the 2300lbs that the website has posted for a new unit.

I may rethink wanting to use my grapple bucket because of that bucket's weight. Regardless, just being able to use my forks on occasion should justify my investment.

I got the adaptor mounted up over the weekend then had a chance to use it with my forks cleaning up a big tree that blew over in a storm on sunday and smashed some of my pasture fence.

Originally, I was thinking of modifying the hydraulics to accomadate my grapple bucket but that bucket is as I thought, too heavy. No problem picking up a pretty good sized log with the forks but there is no backing up hill because too much weight is off the tires and I just spin. Keeping level or going forward up a grade was no problem.

Here is a couple of photos of my grapple bucket. You can see how it way to big and the weight is way forward of where it should be.

Here are some photos of how I measured up the bucket. Not sure if the bucket design has changed through the years but mine did not lend itself to sitting flat on the floor to easily.
I will add my measurements for anyone wanting to compare.

You need to measure the following:

Pin diameters. 1"
Distance from the floor to the center of the lower pin. 6"
Verticle distance center to center of the pins. 13 11/16" (I used true center to center not verticle by mistake)
Distance between the pin centers to the back of the bucket. 2.5" top, 4 13/16" bottom

On the back of the bucket, you need to measure:

Distance between the inside of the two outer brackets. 31 7/8"
Distance between the inside of the two inner brackets. 27.5"
Distance between the inside of the brackets. 2 1/4"

Washburn will send you a copy of the instructions. Anyone who wishes to work with them may reference my invoice #4315 dated 5/11/2011

/ Skid loader type quick disconnect on Terramite? #10  
Great job, that looks like it can do some real damage! I like what they did for the skid loader type mount. I bet this will be a real handy set up to use.:thumbsup: