Need To Buy A Narrow Terramite Backhoe Bucket

/ Need To Buy A Narrow Terramite Backhoe Bucket #1  

vetman90

Tractor
2001 Terramite T5C
Hello. I just found this Terramite Forum......seems really helpful. I have had a 2001 T5C for 5 years now. Added the Terramite factory offered quick connect hydraulic kit as required to run a hydraulic post hole digger which quick-connects to a bracket mounted on the side of the front bucket. Thought I'd mention this in case any of you want this add-on and may have questions on how to do it. The instructions that come from Terramite are not easy to understand and their diagrams are tough to follow.

I really need a 6 to 10" backhoe bucket for a lot of conduit and pipe installations coming up. The narrower the better. As usual its tough to pay retail plus shipping these days (just a homeowner doing my own maintenance and upgrades) so I'm scouting around for a decent deal on a used one.

Please let me know if you or a friend have one for sale and maybe we can make a deal. If we are not close enough together for a pick up I'd try a shipping quote from Uship. :thumbsup:

/ Need To Buy A Narrow Terramite Backhoe Bucket #2  
try machinery trader, or maybe have someone handy with a welder help you. I understand what you're writting about trying to buy one new, even the small ones must be made of gold.

/ Need To Buy A Narrow Terramite Backhoe Bucket #3  
vetman90,
This ad has a 12" bucket. Don't know how far it might be from you. 24 in terramite backhoe bucket
If you can, snag the 24" too. I got one a while back and love it. On my deal the seller was willing to meet me half way (nice person).
Found using SearchTempest - The EASY way to search Craigslist. You can set the distance you want to search.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu3blIQmP-Y&list=UU9i_mkUQGLNDaxlvXw50dBA&index=8&feature=plcp]Working the Terramite with a 24" bucket - YouTube[/ame]

Matt

/ Need To Buy A Narrow Terramite Backhoe Bucket
Wow, great lead, thanks. I'm working on it now. Still looking for a 6" but the 12" is better than my current 18". Thanks again

/ Need To Buy A Narrow Terramite Backhoe Bucket #5  
Let us know if you have any luck. And how it works.
Matt

/ Need To Buy A Narrow Terramite Backhoe Bucket #6  
One suggestion on the narrow bucket; if you have real rocky soil, a six inch wide bucket may be too small. The rocks tend to jam up because they have no place to go.

It has been awhile but I think the one I had must have run me around 300 bucks. Having not used it for some time, I threw it on my truck when I was taking some things to auction. Got 50 bucks for it, I was sick over that one. Win some, lose some.

/ Need To Buy A Narrow Terramite Backhoe Bucket #7  
I recently posed the question of building a smaller bucket for my Terramite in the build it yourself forum. After reading the responses, I decided not to pursue it because the smaller buckets appear to have difficulty dumping clay material.

If you go with a smaller bucket, I'd be interested in how it works out for you.