Steering Box T5B

/ Steering Box T5B #1  
Tractor
Allmand TLB 325
Hi,

Anyone Know if the manual Steering box for a Terramite T5B was manufatured strickly for Terramite or was this used on another type of equipment? Also where can you get parts for this steering. Box was manufatured by Ross.

Thank you

/ Steering Box T5B
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/terramite/190412-2-86-steering-box-repair.html

Do you like your B? I'm continually amazed by the work mine has done!

Matt

I don't have mine up and running. It was sitting in a field for some time and I'm in the process of trying to bring it back to life. The previous owner didn't believe in grease so I need to replace numerous pins, hoses, cylinders. Also it needs welding repairs. Probably if I would have known all the problems I might not have bought it.

I have all the backhoe disassembled and trying to get the pins out of the loader arm and arm cylinders. Then I plan on removing all the hydraulics and rear. Complete my welding repairs, clean and repaint the main part. Then I can work on bringing this T5B back to life. I have been using the parts manual for a T5C that I downloaded from the Terramite web site. They tell me the Manuals for a T5B are no longer available. With all the work that needs to be done on this unit I need to shop around for different parts as I'm not a big money person. I will be working on this as the funds are available.

Any information or suggestions you have that will make rebuilding this unit will be appreciated.

Southern Comfort

/ Steering Box T5B
No the box was not manufactured exclusively for Terramite. It was used on many other machines even Harley Davidson golf karts. When we get a call for manual steering box parts or replacement we refer them to Crede Tractor 304-965-1666. Just tell them Terramite Corporation sent you.

Travis
Terramite by Terraquip
Parts department

Thanks Travis for the reply. You will probably hear a lot from me asking for help and information.

Southern Comfort