Terramite T5D Workhorse

/ Terramite T5D Workhorse #1  

Terrasteve

Silver Member
Tractor
Terramite T5D
Hello everyone, I purchased a 2000 Terramite T5D with 1486 hours about a month ago,and love it. I just found this forum and thought I would put in a good word for these hard working little TLB's. So far I have put in a 200ft drain line,cleaned up two old burn piles,spread new gravel on the driveway,hauled away a large pile of concrete,dug out several small tree's and bushes and moved alot of dirt with it. I am very impressed at how hard these things will work. I have put about 60 hours on it in the last 3 weeks and it has not skipped a beat. It starts and runs Great and has been a very reliable little machine. I have 8 acres and a machine this size is about perfect for my needs. So far it has done everything that I have ask it to do without breaking a sweat. I would recamend a terramite to any one looking for a small TLB.

/ Terramite T5D Workhorse #2  
I just bought one today. 1999 T7/T5D. Loader will not hold and other minor stuff but seems like a easy machine to work on (if I can find a good manual). So far so good.

/ Terramite T5D Workhorse #3  
Only manual that I am aware of can be downloaded off the terraquip/Terramite site. Congrats on the purchase.

/ Terramite T5D Workhorse #4  
just bought a T5D 4x4 also, from original owner with 480 hours. warranty/purchase date is 5/00. beautiful lil machine. called terramite in charlston,VA and asked about a service manual- said they dont make one, just a parts manual and use the T7 for the T5D same machine just changed the name. Parts service said call him back with part numbers you need and he can cross ref them for napa filters. I would like to change all the fluids and filters so i am off to a clean start. I would also like to replace the alternator belt on the perkins 3 cyl diesel. does anyone know what part no, is for the belt? did not see that in the manual i downloaded, thanks.

/ Terramite T5D Workhorse #5  
T5D nor T7 was ever made in 4WD. You have a T6 or a T9. Post your tractor serial number and I can tell you model, year and month it was built.

Charleston West Virginia by the way. Not Virginia.

/ Terramite T5D Workhorse #6  
I bought the parts manual on ebay. They need a trouble shooter section and owners manual for basic stuff required.

TERRASTEVE Do you have any more comments or tips for a new owner of same machine 2000 hours.

/ Terramite T5D Workhorse
I have put about 200 hours on my T5D now and have not had a single issue. I do have one of the outrigger cylinders leaking a little but nothing major. When I first got it I changed all of the fluids and filters and replaced a worn pin on the boom. Other then that I just keep it greased and inspect it for worn or damaged parts once and a while.
I bought the parts manual on ebay. They need a trouble shooter section and owners manual for basic stuff required.

TERRASTEVE Do you have any more comments or tips for a new owner of same machine 2000 hours.

/ Terramite T5D Workhorse #8  
T5D nor T7 was ever made in 4WD. You have a T6 or a T9. Post your tractor serial number and I can tell you model, year and month it was built.

Charleston West Virginia by the way. Not Virginia.
yes you are correct it is not 4x4 as i was told it was by the seller.

/ Terramite T5D Workhorse #9  
Ok I have a 1996 T5c it is a strong tractor . 6 stumps got out and no problems

/ Terramite T5D Workhorse #10  
Hi folks
I have a 2001 T5D I bought about 10 months ago. Nice strong tractor for my needs, which has been clearing a little over an acre of overgrown brazilian pepper trees and digging out the stumps. I been slowed down because these woods are also entangled in vines. Anyway I finally decided to make a rake type attachment to the bucket so I can reach way up, and come down on these thick vines, then use the tractor in reverse to pull them out. I have a photo of this rig below. I welded a Harbor Freight 2" receiver on to the top of the bucket in the center and the rig attaches to that. I also can put a ball hitch into that receiver and move trailers around easily. I tested out this vine rake and it worked just as good as I thought it would making easy work of pulling these vines out so I can get into where the tree is to be able to cut then dig out the stumps. I'll have to remember to get my wife out to take some pictures of the rake in action.

Vine rake.jpg