Tractor
    Terramite T5D

Default Terramite T5D Workhorse

Hello everyone, I purchased a 2000 Terramite T5D with 1486 hours about a month ago,and love it. I just found this forum and thought I would put in a good word for these hard working little TLB's. So far I have put in a 200ft drain line,cleaned up two old burn piles,spread new gravel on the driveway,hauled away a large pile of concrete,dug out several small tree's and bushes and moved alot of dirt with it. I am very impressed at how hard these things will work. I have put about 60 hours on it in the last 3 weeks and it has not skipped a beat. It starts and runs Great and has been a very reliable little machine. I have 8 acres and a machine this size is about perfect for my needs. So far it has done everything that I have ask it to do without breaking a sweat. I would recamend a terramite to any one looking for a small TLB.

Tractor
    Terramite T5D

Default Re: Terramite T5D Workhorse

I just bought one today. 1999 T7/T5D. Loader will not hold and other minor stuff but seems like a easy machine to work on (if I can find a good manual). So far so good.

Tractor
    Yanmar 187D Terramite T5C Bush Hog D4-10

Only manual that I am aware of can be downloaded off the terraquip/Terramite site. Congrats on the purchase.
    Scott

Yanmar 187D QT1840 FEL
    Terramite T5C 1996
    Bush Hog D4-10
    Bush Hog HD-12

Tractor
    Terramite T5D/T7

just bought a T5D 4x4 also, from original owner with 480 hours. warranty/purchase date is 5/00. beautiful lil machine. called terramite in charlston,VA and asked about a service manual- said they dont make one, just a parts manual and use the T7 for the T5D same machine just changed the name. Parts service said call him back with part numbers you need and he can cross ref them for napa filters. I would like to change all the fluids and filters so i am off to a clean start. I would also like to replace the alternator belt on the perkins 3 cyl diesel. does anyone know what part no, is for the belt? did not see that in the manual i downloaded, thanks.

Tractor
    Terramite

T5D nor T7 was ever made in 4WD. You have a T6 or a T9. Post your tractor serial number and I can tell you model, year and month it was built.

Charleston West Virginia by the way. Not Virginia.

Tractor
    Terramite T5D

I bought the parts manual on ebay. They need a trouble shooter section and owners manual for basic stuff required.

TERRASTEVE Do you have any more comments or tips for a new owner of same machine 2000 hours.

Tractor
    Terramite T5D

I have put about 200 hours on my T5D now and have not had a single issue. I do have one of the outrigger cylinders leaking a little but nothing major. When I first got it I changed all of the fluids and filters and replaced a worn pin on the boom. Other then that I just keep it greased and inspect it for worn or damaged parts once and a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by refixer View Post
    I bought the parts manual on ebay. They need a trouble shooter section and owners manual for basic stuff required.

TERRASTEVE Do you have any more comments or tips for a new owner of same machine 2000 hours.

Tractor
    Terramite T5D/T7

Quote Originally Posted by TravisWV View Post
    T5D nor T7 was ever made in 4WD. You have a T6 or a T9. Post your tractor serial number and I can tell you model, year and month it was built.

Charleston West Virginia by the way. Not Virginia.
    yes you are correct it is not 4x4 as i was told it was by the seller.