Any T9 owners here?

/ Any T9 owners here? #1  

cstamm81

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740, Mahindra 3016HST, Kubota F2880
I am a happy owner of a T5C, but I have been itching for a little more FEL capacity, both weight and volume. I am surprised at what a T5c can lift, but my is the bucket small. I also have an old Vermeer articulated loader.
My thought was sell both and find a good used T9. Anyone on here who can compare the T5C to the T9? I looked at capacities, and the extra lift capacity and dump height would come in handy. Just looking for opinions here, I am always looking for good reasons to upgrade equipment.

/ Any T9 owners here? #2  
I have around an 01' T9. Never had any experiance with any other Terramite so I cannot compare them for you. If you read some of my earlier threads, I put a skid loader type quick attach on mine to use my forks. With the bucket full of wet muck, the back was too light. I have since loaded the tires so it is better. I just sold some 12" fence panels. I don't recall how many I picked with the forks with no issues but at low rpm, I could barely turn the steering for the weight.

Better than the compact 40hp Massey I used to have but it won't hold a candle to the 75hp Mahindra that would pick about 3600 I had.

The hoe on mine us a little jerky on the hydraulics, kind of like the older Ford 555 or early Case's. But it is quite strong for it's size and can easily pull the ~5000lb machine around when you latch onto something strong.

I did not see alot of T9's around when I found mine.

/ Any T9 owners here?
Thanks for the opinion. It seems the T9's are a lot more rare than the T5's. I am very happy with the 5, but the extra 600lb capacity would be really nice when picking up skids of firewood. I wish these machines had factory quick attach and a 2 speed hydro. Do the T9's have a spare hydraulic port for a grapple?

/ Any T9 owners here? #4  
No they do not have an extra port. The newer ones can be had with a 4 in 1 bucket though. My original intent was to modify mine to use the grapple bucket. I decided the solid bottom bucket I had was too heavy. I thought about going to the open style grapple but without 4x4, I decided this was not the unit for that application.

It cost me about 950 to have an aftermarket adaptor made and for a plate to weld onto my bucket.

/ Any T9 owners here?
Are there any other machines in this size and weight range that have the same hydraulic power as these?

/ Any T9 owners here? #6  
Are there any other machines in this size and weight range that have the same hydraulic power as these?

I think you would be hard pressed to find another machine that will have the power that these terramites have in a affordable package. I am assuming that you are looking for a used machine. A used T9 with 4x4 would be a very nice machine to have.New one's are a little on the pricey side as far as I'm concerned,but I have seen some nice used one's go for a reasonable price. If your happy with your T5C I'm sure the T9 with 4x4 would be a nice upgrade and you would be very happy with it.

/ Any T9 owners here?
that is what I am finding, good luck finding anything close to the lift capacities at this size and weight. I would most certainly be looking for used, not really sure I need 4x4. My T5 with the double wide rear tires has never gotten stuck and will climb a wall. It always cracks me up when I read posts that a Terramite won't climb a hill.
Seems pretty hard to find used T9's, T5's seem pretty common.

/ Any T9 owners here? #8  
I did see a couple T9's on ebay. I think one is 2x4 and the other 4x4. It might be worth a look.

/ Any T9 owners here? #9  

Allmands TLB line is comparable to the Terramites, I ran a T5 a good bit before I bought my tlb425, the Allmands can lift 2100lb with the loader, all models have hydraulic steering, and the foot pedal seems a little more controllable but the real deal changer for me was the hoe. I'm not bashing the Terramite , they seem to be constantly improving the machines and if if I didn't find an Allmand I would have a Terramite. These little machines do a pile of work and are quite capable if the operator learns how to get the best out of them.

Terramite and Allmand both suffer the same hit when newbies run them, single range hydro-stat seems weak ! - because you're running it wrong ! When you want to push until the tires spin just push the pedal a little bit! Yes a multi range tranny would be nice , it would also add $5000 to the price!
Also they both suffer from being primarily rental machines, that means when you look at one a few years old it probably had the crap pounded out of it!

Here is the big issues I found with the hoe when comparing the Terramite and the Allmand, (maybe these issues will make it back to Terramite, now I don't know if Terramite has updated this stuff so someone can chime in if they have),
The backhoe valve , Allmand uses a real Walvoil backhoe valve, very smooth and nice feathering, Terramite uses a bunch of single spool valves stacked and ties them together with their own linkage which feels kinda crude and sloppy in operation,next is the boom swing, Allmand uses a swing system that is cushioned at the ends of travel and gives a true 180 degrees range, Terramite swings the same through it's range and only gives 145 degrees, pins and bushings, Allmand uses Garlock bearings on all the hoe pivots which are hardened bronze bushings that are drilled like a sieve to enhance grease penetration, this combined with oversize pins (swing,main boom and bucket pivot are all 1 5/8" pins) keeps the backhoe boom tight as new for a long time, I don't know what Terramite is using for bushings, but the T5 I ran had about 700 hours and it was already getting a bit sloppy.

/ Any T9 owners here? #10  
I have had 1996 T5c 20 HP Honda got for 5500. fix parts on it put thumb on it forks pull up cement walk way 91/2" thick in 4' sections . Pulled up 12 pine tree stumps 12+ inch around trunks. Sold it for 8000. cash Got 2003 T9 8000 cash put 800, in to it works great thumb on it they are USA built steel not tin,

Attachments

• 20160315_125138_001.jpg
    20160315_125138_001.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 442
  • 20160806_113142_001.jpg
    20160806_113142_001.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 413
  • 20160820_101303.jpg
    20160820_101303.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 390
  • 20160627_145338 (1).jpg
    20160627_145338 (1).jpg