What have you done to improve your Terramite?

/ What have you done to improve your Terramite? #1  

Matt W

Silver Member
Tractor
65, 3000 Ford D, Terramite T6
One of the nicest things I've added lately is a Push-Button Locking Vernier Universal Control Cable (big black knob with a red button). The machine came to me with one of those small locking metal T handled cables. It was uncomfortable and hard to set to the perfect rpm for what was being done. The previous owner had it connected to the actual throttle with the governor out of play. That was the first thing that had to be fixed when it came here. But I continued to use the T handle with it taped into a ball until it finally broke, hating it the whole time. The new cable is comfortable, quick and precise.

The 1/4" skid plate added to the underside has been nice. No more sticks and grape vines up in there. As well as less concern about working over sizable rocks.

One thing the PO did that has been nice was putting fluid in the rears and reversing the wheels giving a heavier and wider wheel base in the rear.

Matt

/ What have you done to improve your Terramite? #2  
The skid plate is a good idea. I have been thinking about doing the same to mine. What I would really like to have is a grapple bucket but I dont see that happening anytime soon. I have been kicking around the idea of putting on a thumb for the back hoe. That would be a nice addition as well.

/ What have you done to improve your Terramite? #3  
I took my wife's wore out car tire and cut the tread part up into 3" X 6" peaces. Then drilled two holes a inch down and an inch in on each end then drilled matching holes in the part of my outrigger that digs into the ground for traction on dirt. I bolted 5 layers of this tread (they are vertical the 3" way) so that I now have a much larger and multi purposed outrigger foot with little cost. Annd this not only works great in powder dirt, but also in mud, asphalt, concrete (all hard surfaces) especially if it is a nice surface that you don't want to scratch. It also keeps me over all a couple inches higher while digging. The results are even better than I had imagined. Cutting the tire up was a pain but oh so worth it.

/ What have you done to improve your Terramite? #4  
I took my wife's wore out car tire and cut the tread part up into 3" X 6" peaces. Then drilled two holes a inch down and an inch in on each end then drilled matching holes in the part of my outrigger that digs into the ground for traction on dirt. I bolted 5 layers of this tread (they are vertical the 3" way) so that I now have a much larger and multi purposed outrigger foot with little cost. Annd this not only works great in powder dirt, but also in mud, asphalt, concrete (all hard surfaces) especially if it is a nice surface that you don't want to scratch. It also keeps me over all a couple inches higher while digging. The results are even better than I had imagined. Cutting the tire up was a pain but oh so worth it.

Great idea! Any chance you can post a picture of one of them? Thanks

/ What have you done to improve your Terramite? #5  
outrigger padded foot.JPG

/ What have you done to improve your Terramite? #6  
Thanks for the picture!