Truck Wheels That Fit Terramite T5B / T5C

/ Truck Wheels That Fit Terramite T5B / T5C #1  
Tractor
Terramite T5B / T5C
I recently saw an ad on Craigslist for a T5C for sale and the tractor had truck tires. I realize that they have their limitations but are an inexpensive source of spare or emergency wheels as long as you don't need the traction in dirt provided by the R-1 tires. The wheels are mostly 15 inch but there are some 16 inch. I will be using mine along with chains for moving snow.

The T5s use a 5 bolt pattern on a 5 1/2 inch diameter bolt circle also called 5 on 5.5 or 5 on 5 1/2 This information is also provided in Metric dimensions.

At the link below you can find a number of light trucks that use this bolt pattern, be sure to note that the " HUB CENTER BORE" is different and you will need to use one marked 108.0 (mm) and equals 4.252 inches because the hub on the Terramite is about 4 1/8 inches in diameter. The smaller Hub Center Bores will not allow your wheel to sit flat on the axle flange.

Wheel Bolt Pattern Cross Reference Database and Conversion Guide: 5*X*5.5

/ Truck Wheels That Fit Terramite T5B / T5C #2  
I know 5 bolt chevy truck rims will bolt right on the terramites.
Steve

/ Truck Wheels That Fit Terramite T5B / T5C
I know 5 bolt chevy truck rims will bolt right on the terramites.
Steve

I am not aware of any Chevy car or truck wheels that fit a Terramite except the Geo Tracker which does fit correctly. If I have done it correctly I have attached a picture of the rear wheels I will be using with chains this winter for snow removal. These rear wheels are from a Suzuki Sidekick which can be either 15 or 16 inch (the wheel shown is 16 inch). You can also call this a poor mans turf tire. I have used them with the FEL and with the limited slip differential I was surprised how well these tires worked.

DSC_0785.jpg

/ Truck Wheels That Fit Terramite T5B / T5C #4  
How about some suggestions for a front tire, I guess my 2001 won't allow the width of the new aggtressive tire terramite puts on their T5C's. But what I am wanting is something like what the larger farm tractors use with a large ridge in the middle for steering. I have up to 5 months of mud around here and cant steer worth a hoot, need all the help I can get. Any suggestions if and where I might find something like that?Dave

/ Truck Wheels That Fit Terramite T5B / T5C #5  
Try looking at some atv tires. There are some with very agressive tread that may fit on your rims. What size are the front rims on your t5c?

Do you need a aggressive wide tire for flotation in the mud or can you live with a narrower tri rib tire such as used on the Ford 8-n? There are some variables such as how wide your present tires are and the bolt circle diameter on your wheel hubs and the space between your tires and the axle housing.

I have found some 4.00X12 tri rib tires which will work if you get rims to fit your tractor. I think that you will probably be able to use 12 inch utility trailer rims. The down side of that is they will tend to sink but that will all depend on your soil/mud.

Tractor Tires

Tri Rib Tires

What is your present tire size?

How about some suggestions for a front tire, I guess my 2001 won't allow the width of the new aggtressive tire terramite puts on their T5C's. But what I am wanting is something like what the larger farm tractors use with a large ridge in the middle for steering. I have up to 5 months of mud around here and cant steer worth a hoot, need all the help I can get. Any suggestions if and where I might find something like that?Dave

I did some more checking and apparently your front hubs use a 5 bolt pattern with a 4.5 inch bolt circle diameter. You might be in luck as there are a ton of automobile and utility wheels that use this bolt pattern. The link below will give you more options than I had imagined. Be sure that the wheel you select has a center hole large enough to clear your hub. You can pretty much pick the tire you want then select the wheel to mount it on.

Wheel Bolt Pattern Cross Reference Database and Conversion Guide: 5 X 4.5

Best of luck

/ Truck Wheels That Fit Terramite T5B / T5C #8  
Gentlemen, thank you.. Great input. I think my 10" rims are heading to scrap and 12" are the way to go.