Tooth bar

/ Tooth bar #1  

Terra Joe

Tractor
Terramite T5C
Has anyone tried adding a tooth bar to the front bucket of their Terramite? If so, what brand did you choose, and how effective has it been? Any pros/cons you have noticed? Pics?

/ Tooth bar #2  
I would be interested to hear how well a toothed bucket works as well.

/ Tooth bar #3  
Terramite offers a bolt on edge with or without teeth for each specific machine.

/ Tooth bar
Hey Travis. Good to see you around here. Do you have any further details on this? I didnt see anything on the Terramite site. Do you know what the cost is? Does it require any modifications or drilling of the bucket? I have a 2001 T5C.

/ Tooth bar #5  
Joe call me at 1-800-428-3772 and I can get you details and pricing. Thanks!

/ Tooth bar #6  
Joe, good talking to you. If you decide on ordering just let me know!

/ Tooth bar
If you call travis he will give you a price on the Terramite version. They list it for the T7, but I think the T5 and T7 have the same bucket specs, so I guess it will work for either. I had placed 2 emails to companies for aftermarket units. Neither would give me prices without exact bucket dimensions. I have not made it out to the shed to get those. As soon as I get their prices I will post them up.

/ Tooth bar
So I decided to go with a Piranha Bar from BXpanded (a member on TBN). The company specializes in parts for the Kubota BX series. I chose the Piranha because of its aggressive tooth profile while retaining a smooth underside for back dragging or snow removal.

IMG_0908.jpg

The tooth bar was delivered about 2 weeks after ordering. I thin that is very good for a custom length tooth bar. The shipping documents stated that it weighs 38 lbs., and I believe it. Included where instructions and the necessary hardware for mounting.

IMG_0910.jpg

The bar was not a slip on installation. I don't know if the Terramite cutting edge is thicker than a standard Kubota, or if my example had been worn back to a point that it was no longer appropriately beveled. Some work with a grinder thinned the problem areas. Some persuasion from hammer and block of wood set it home. A 3/4" hole is then drilled in the bucket sides, and the supplied hardware installed.

IMG_0909.jpg

Once installed it is very solid. It was raining, so I have not had a chance to dig with it, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work as advertised.

I called the company several times when deciding on a tooth bar. Each time the owner answered the phone and spoke with me regarding the specifics of my machine, and encouraging me to call him if I had any more questions or concerns. That kind of service goes a long way with me. Total cost shipped was about $270.

Terra Joe