Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    terramite t5c

Default Re: New Terramite T5C owner and new member here.

Hi Scott,
    I went to a local drive shaft shop in Austin and told the guy what I was looking for and He actually took the time to look thru parts catalogs which took about 15 minutes and was able to make a coupler with one u joint (not 2 like the oem) which works fine so far. I did have to cut off a couple of inches from one of the yokes so that it would fit between the two shafts which was not a problem since I have a chop saw. The guy at the shop said he would cut for me free as long I told him how long I needed it. The cost of the parts were $75 or $110 assembled I went ahead and let him assemble the parts since he was so helpful and had the parts overnighted at no extra charge. I will post the part numbers of yokes when I take the coupler off . I am still trying to find a neutral torsion spring for the pedal return and the backhoe bucket hydraulic cylinder.
    Cheers,
    Ryck

Tractor
    terramite t5c

Hi, I was told when I called that the springs are sold two to a package and the price was $35 plus shipping. The T5C only requires 1 spring. Why they won't only sell one is beyond LOGIC. What happened to common sense? So how do you know they charge $20 for shipping? Do you have any Ideas of where to find the spring?
    Cheers,
    Ryck

Tractor
    Yanmar 187D Terramite T5C Bush Hog D4-10

Thanks Ryck. Good information.
    The coupler I have damaged is between the rear axle drive motor and the Dana rear end. The Dana part number is 2-1-1881x. It is called a companion flange. I think you are talking about the drive shaft u-joint coupler between the motor and the hydraulic pump right?? If yes, still good info. I think your original one had a solid plastic coupler on it.
    From what I can tell, this companion flange needs to be checked every 20 hours of operation to make sure the bolts are not loose. Use loctite when putting them on. The bolts are grade 8.
    Scott

Yanmar 187D QT1840 FEL
    Terramite T5C 1996
    Bush Hog D4-10
    Bush Hog HD-12

Tractor
    Yanmar 187D Terramite T5C Bush Hog D4-10

Wish I could help you on the spring. As I find any parts that are available locally or reasonable I will post them on the thread already started. If we all do that we should be able to compile a nice list of information.
    Scott

Yanmar 187D QT1840 FEL
    Terramite T5C 1996
    Bush Hog D4-10
    Bush Hog HD-12

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12