New Terramite T5C owner and new member here.

/ New Terramite T5C owner and new member here. #1  

Ryck

Tractor
terramite t5c
Hello all,
After renting a terramite a few years ago and instantly won over by it. I had the great fortune to buy a T5C from a local equipment rental that went under. The T5C I purchased only has 745 hours on the clock but was missing a couple of parts { engine shaft coupler/bucket hydraulic cylinder and couple of lock pins} The engine had the carb cover removed which allowed water to enter the cylinders. The two front tires were flat and of course the hood was off which made the little T5C look like more trouble than it was worth but the machine still had a shine as if it were new. While there were three other T5C's that needed nothing and ran fine, the dismantled T5C sold first and I bought it for only $1186.00 the others sold from 4995.00 to 6900.00 . I got it home and sprayed the rust out of the cylinders through the spark plug holes with carb cleaner and wd40 then filled the cylinders with marvel mystery oil and let it sit for a couple of hours then tried to start it, low and behold it ran!........Which brings me here, I am ready to mount the engine but cannot find a shaft coupler for it. I HAVE TRIED e-mailed terramite but have not gotten a reply and when I call the 800 number it's no longer in service. Does anyone know where I can find a coupler for my T5C? I would appreciate it if someone could tell me the length of the backhoe bucket hydraulic cylinder so that I can find one to replace the one missing from my tractor.
Thank you,
Ryck

/ New Terramite T5C owner and new member here. #2  
Welcome Ryck, those T5C's look like a fun machine to own. Have you tried to Goggle you manuals and parts?

Dave

/ New Terramite T5C owner and new member here. #3  
My T5C was bought quite 'used' several yrs ago, but has been gittin' 'er done with great support from the TerraQuip folks since day one. A newsletter explained the recent change of ownership that should only make things better for us owners. I've never felt their website contained as much info as I like to see, but for those of us who do things well by phone I must say their service can't be beat. Terramite by TerraQuip (I download and printed a manual from their site)

Despite some 'obsoleted' components on my older machine they've kept me going with a minimum of fuss on my part. I must say that T5C's boom swing is a bit narrow for much other than trenching (can't get close enough to a big hole to dig and dump), but I've yanked enough huge autumn olives by the roots and buried enough livestock to see no need for anything bigger for large scale gardening, etc. (drives thru' a 4' gate, and trailers easily!...)

The latest numbers I have for Terramite are 304-776-4231, 800-428-3771. Let 'em know which power you have (Honda, Kohler, etc) and they'll give you the part #s you'll need. Prices for some items may seem steep but not much can go wrong, and nothing is easier to service. Congrats on an enviably sweet acquisition!

/ New Terramite T5C owner and new member here. #4  
Ryck,
On mine I get 32" extended and 24.5 retracted. But… Be aware that mine is an older machine that doesn't have the extra links in the bucket hook-up (don't know what the links are called). The cylinder rod connects directly to the bucket. I've often wondered what the advantage to the link pieces is? On this machine the chassis indicates it is a T5B while what look like original stickers on the backhoe and loader frame are T5C. I may have some kind of mutt, but she has done an amazing amount of work for me. Good luck with yours. If you have some work for it I bet you won't be disappointed with the work and expense it needs, to have a fine machine.
Post some photos. We like to see this stuff! You can see mine working and how the bucket attaches, when I still couldn't control well, early on, on youtube, onedamascusmaker.
Matt

/ New Terramite T5C owner and new member here.
Hi, Thanks for the welcome. Sorry for the delay

Hi Matt, Thanks for the info my t5c does have the extra links on the bucket. I FINALLY got ahold of the factory TERRAQUIP and they sell the cylinder for over $400 plus WITHOUT shipping. Needless to say but I will be looking for an aftermarket one and adapt it to my machine. BY THE WAY the guy I spoke to at terraquip WAS A COMPLETE JERK! PS. I had seen your video on youtube before joinging this forum......I have a friend who lives in CANCUN, MX who's last name is Damascus and your name caught my attention.
Cheers,
Ryck

Hi Old gring,
Thanks for the info. I was finally able to get through on the 800 hundred number but had a bad experience with the two guys I spoke with. My first call was to get the price and availability of the NEUTRAL PEDAL SPRING which is missing off of my machine. The parts guy told me that they only come in packages of two although it only requires one and that the price is $35.00 plus shipping . He also said that in the future if I wanted any other part. DONT CALL IF YOU DON'T HAVE YOUR SERIAL NUMBER! I called back the next day with my serial number to find out the price of the engine coupler to transmission and the price of the backhoe bucket cylinder. I was quoted a price of $168.00 for the coupler and over $400.00 for the cylinder. Well with the economy the way it is. I can not afford those prices, so I will look else where for the parts I need and post any information later so others can save money as well. I ALSO FOUND OUT AFTER GIVING THEM MY SERIAL NUMBER, MY T5C IS A 2001 MODEL.
Cheers,
Ryck

/ New Terramite T5C owner and new member here. #8  
Ryck thanks for the info. I think we are both needing the same "coupler".....$168 seems like alot for 1 piece of metal......I guess I will find out today when I call.
I am starting to realize why my previous owner did not replace/repair this machine with factory parts. Cost was too high for him.

/ New Terramite T5C owner and new member here. #9  
Check, Bailey International | Hydraulic Cylinder Manufacturer | Hydraulic Supplier and Surplus Center for your cylinder.

I have a thread somewhere about my coupler. Someone mentioned I think, about using a U joint type coupler. I don't know if it was generic, but you might contact them for more details. A good machine shop might be able to make adapter sleeves to allow use of a different U joint.

Terramite will charge $20 shipping on those 2 springs (4 ounces ) Ask me how I know!

/ New Terramite T5C owner and new member here. #10  
I love my terramite,but the factory parts price's are waaaay overpriced! They charge a minimum of $20.00 shipping even if it is only for a decal. Also the parts that I ordered did not even come painted???? Thats left up to the buyer. Talk about cheezy! Bad pollicy on the company's part as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully travis will read this and pass along the customer Disatisfaction to the higher up's at Terramite. The least they could do is paint the part's for the price's they are charging for them.