1996 Terramite T5C front end tierods

/ 1996 Terramite T5C front end tierods #1  

sacsr

Silver Member
Tractor
Yanmar 187D Terramite T5C Bush Hog D4-10
Hey guys, I bought the tierods based on the factory service guy. I replaced them exactly like the others were installed.....but the angle is not right. Anyone have a picture of how yours is set up. Picture posted.....don't want to order one for the other side till I figure this out. It looks like if I flipped it, it would be correct but I would not think they would want it exposed like that for limbs etc to catch.....any input would be appreciated. IMG_1800 (2).jpg

/ 1996 Terramite T5C front end tierods #2  
I can take a shot of mine and post it on here. It does look misaligned to me, and does seem like it would be angled properly if it was installed on the bottom. I have two of these machines now so I am sure we can figure all of this stuff out.

/ 1996 Terramite T5C front end tierods
I can take a shot of mine and post it on here. It does look misaligned to me, and does seem like it would be angled properly if it was installed on the bottom. I have two of these machines now so I am sure we can figure all of this stuff out.

Thanks!

That would be great. I am going to call the Terramite office tomorrow. I got to get a few things from them and will see what they say as well.

/ 1996 Terramite T5C front end tierods #4  
I got froggy & walked out for a look since my T5C is about the same year as yours. (brr!...) What I saw different is the angle ... lesser & reversed from yours but the part still mounted on top. (btw: you'd have seen a bad stud/taper fit coming up from the bottom.) Part number mixup? You could get (or have now) a 'book' substitute (same length, thread, stud). Take yours and the pic to your auto or farm supplier.

Last edited:
Thanks that is a good idea. I will take a picture with the part on and my auto store should be able to make the correction. Geez.....I doubt they will take the wrong one back since I have already moved around and scratched it up......guess I will just put the correct one on the other side and when the current one wears out (as in probably pretty fast).....then replace it. I will get the part number listed on this site for those that might need it.

Just got off the phone with Brice today. He said they do bolt on from underneath. Just hope the PO did not ruin the taper to the point the front end is loose.
Brice was good to talk to and was willing to help.

/ 1996 Terramite T5C front end tierods #7  
So I am going to attach of pic of what mine look like. I believe my tractor is about a 2003, so perhaps they changed the parts.
photo-1.JPG

But, it definitely sits on top and bolts from the bottom. These do not have grease zerks and have rubber boots on them.

/ 1996 Terramite T5C front end tierods #8  
sorry for the crappy pic it as dark out and I was holding a baby...

Thanks for the picture. Putting them on top makes more sense to me. Less chance of a getting tangled ino something. I guess some where between 1996 and 2003 they changed this.

I went to flip the tie rods last night and I dont think it is right. Looks like the steering cylinder tierod end will hit the metal stop. I am going to take theoldgrinds advice and go back to my autoparts store and see what they can come up with. Since they will not take the ones back, will just use them till they do not work anymore. Once I have the part number for the correct tierod ends, I will share with the group. Pretty dissapointing since these ends cost me over $60 a piece!!!!