T6 Driveshaft

/ T6 Driveshaft #1  

Steve T6

Tractor
Terramite 200 T6
Hello:

I am a brand new owner of a T6!

The driveshaft/universal joints just broke.

The T6 manual does not show this component!

Has anyone replaced this component before and where do I get it?

Thankyou Steve

/ T6 Driveshaft #2  
Welcome Steve! I can not help, hopefully some here can. Congrats on your purchase.

/ T6 Driveshaft #3  
I replaced the one on my T9. I could not find a source other than Terramite. They will want to know your unit's serial number. Prepare yourself for sticker shock.

I would venture to say that these fail due to a lack of maintenance like mine did.

/ T6 Driveshaft
Thankyou for your response!

In terms of maintenane are you speaking about greasing?

What kind of sticker shock should I expect????

Tx STV

/ T6 Driveshaft #6  
Yes, greasing or lack of. I should have known better being around equipment a lot but I did not think about it until I heard it getting noisy. I would have to go dig up my reciept but I am pretty sure that it was 375 dollars.

/ T6 Driveshaft
Thanks, Yes I was performing maintenance on Friday and noticed the grease fittings did not appear to have any grease.

So I greased them and it failed on Saturday.

PS I believe that was the source of noise I was hearing before I greased.

Thanks Steve

/ T6 Driveshaft
T6 Hydraulic Noise!

I am a new T6 owner, I just replaced the driveshaft, not to bad but very tight for access.

Can anyone shed light on what I should expect.

When starting the machine I would describe the combined engine and hydraulic noise as pretty normal. The longer I run the machine the noise level gets a lot louder. I can not locate the excact source of the noise. The tranmission gets pretty hot to touch but the noise seem to be coming from under the hood?

How can I check performance of the power steering gear or transmission??

When do I know it is time to replace?

What about the gear pump? I would certainly appreciate any help and advice!

Regards, Steve T6

/ T6 Driveshaft #9  
steve wish I could be of help. Both my tractors with hydro transmissions are pretty noisey. Not sure why yours would be increasing as it is run. Hopefully someone will come along that can help.

Last edited:
   / T6 Driveshaft #10  
My T5D basically a T6 does the same thing, the warmer it get's the louder the hydro noise. Every terramite I have seen is really noisy when moving forward or backward. I was concerned about it when I first bought it so I changed the hydro fluid but it did not make it any less noisy. I have around 1900 hours on it now and everything still works great,it is just a noisy machine. No need to worry, just run it.