terramite 3-15

/ terramite 3-15 #1  

sampen

Bronze Member
Tractor
terramite 3-15
Looking for information on terramite 3-15 parts books, service manual and anything else you can share about it.
Just bought one pretty cheap and everything works on it but i want to get parts for it like new pump repair kit tires and more cant find anything on terramite site or web search.
thanks Sam

Last edited:
   / terramite 3-15 #2  
sampen I would call the terramite company. I have had good luck getting the help I need from them. Would love to see a picture of one if you can post one.
Congrats on being a new to you Terramite owner! Welcome to the board.

/ terramite 3-15
image.jpegimage (2).jpegimage (3).jpegThanks for the welcome.
I did call them and they really dont have any parts book or service manual for this model. So Im trying to see if anyone else has anything. I didnt pay much for it $900.00 and I just started fixing things boom cylinder is leaking and has no real power to it. I tore the cylinder apart and all seals are just about gone. i found a place in oklahoma city who ordered me a seal kit for it. everyone of the hoses rubber is just falling off but there not leaking so im going to replace hoses as needed and rebuild the cylinders one buy one. Ill try and figure out how to send pictures here!
Sam
sampen I would call the terramite company. I have had good luck getting the help I need from them. Would love to see a picture of one if you can post one.
Congrats on being a new to you Terramite owner! Welcome to the board.

/ terramite 3-15 #4  
View attachment 304295View attachment 304296View attachment 304297Thanks for the welcome.
I did call them and they really dont have any parts book or service manual for this model. So Im trying to see if anyone else has anything. I didnt pay much for it $900.00 and I just started fixing things boom cylinder is leaking and has no real power to it. I tore the cylinder apart and all seals are just about gone. i found a place in oklahoma city who ordered me a seal kit for it. everyone of the hoses rubber is just falling off but there not leaking so im going to replace hoses as needed and rebuild the cylinders one buy one. Ill try and figure out how to send pictures here!
Sam

Thats a great deal on the T3! 99% sure it is an Power King/Economy Tractor with the terramite bucket and backhoe......you can google economy king for sites and people that know about these tractors.

Thanks for the pictures.

Last edited:
   / terramite 3-15
I cant believe there is no info about the t3-15 or T4 , I would think that terramite would have some books on these models I know the company was sold to TerraQuip but there must be some parts books and manual that were printed when they made them shoot I have some manuals for the first evinrude outboards when they came out. There is quite a few difference's in the t5. Checked on PowerKing tractors and they do look close but different trans and other stuff.
Sam

/ terramite 3-15 #6  
Hi Sampen,I have the same machine built in 1974. I probably have all the info you are looking for,the manuals came with it.
E-mail me at jdixsign@frontier.com if you still need it.

/ terramite 3-15 #7  
i'll throw up a rely real quick to tag the thread. I just picked up the 3-15 myself. also emailed JD, figured I'd register and join the group.

/ terramite 3-15
i'll throw up a rely real quick to tag the thread. I just picked up the 3-15 myself. also emailed JD, figured I'd register and join the group.
Welcome to the group I haven't heard from JD in some time, tried to send him some money threw paypal it never got claimed.
I'm nearly finished with cylinders and hose's 5 new cylinders and 2 that i rebuilt. pretty soon paint job.
Sam

/ terramite 3-15 #9  
alrighty , here's another picture of my T3.

I quickly learned there was no exhaust as my shoe partially melted when I took it off the trailer. previous owner drove it on the trailer for me so I didn't notice it. the missing exhaust never even occurred to me. so here's my quick rig cost $10 so good for now. i'm curios what the original muffle looked like.

also there was no choke cable, previous owner just reached into the engine and moved it manually. I bought another cable and lever kit and used the existing one for the choke and the new one for the throttle. the old one kinda vibrated while driving and would throttle down. again curious what stock install looks like.

and since I noticed the steering wheel was off to the passenger side of the tractor I threw a steering knob on the wheel so it's a little easier to drive one handed.

if anyone happens to have a picture of their original seat i'd appreciate it, the seat on this tractor is obviously an old IKEA chair.

thanks

/ terramite 3-15
Alex, Mine has a muffler stack on it. You don't want to use the setup you have now as it will heat up the hoses which will also heat up the oil in them heat on the oil will damage seals and pump , I will take some pictures of mine it pretty much has everything stock on it. I changed out the ignition to a keyed switch. choke had a push pull knob on the dash, throttle was a t handel which turned to lock throttle in place at your speed setting. The seat was the old style butt chair is what i call it. Ill get some pictures for you tomarrow if you look at my pictures on line you will see the exhuast stack and can just make out the seal
Sam