Default t7

Hello All!
    Thank you for letting me join your "little" group I just purchased a 2001 Terramite
    t7 with a 3 cylinder Isuzu diesel 24 hp engine. The over all condition is decent (1400 hours) but the motor might be junk. It starts up instantly(4 sec of glow glugs) and runs with no smoke (also no coolant in the radiator). There was coolant staining all on top of the radiator and the rear freeze plug in the head was popped out. There was no cracks or staining on the outside of the block. I do not know if the head or block is cracked. I made a BIG mistake (jumped the gun!) of taking the head off because i thought it was just the head gasket was blown. I should have filled the radiator, changed the oil +filter and started it to see what is going on. So now I am going to put on a new head gasket and fix (resolder) the radiator and pop in a freeze plug. Longshot...maybe it will work. There is very little info about Isuzu engines. If not will the kubota diesel/Honda v twin bolt right in? I am trying to figure out my next move.....Thank you very much....Dean

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Ariens

Default Re: t7

sounds like a good plan ....

Tractor
    Kubota B3350 cab & BX24

Well the good news is it starts, so compression is at least reasonable. I agree with jaotguy and your plan, might as well proceed as long as you are not seeing signs of catastrophic damage. When you get it reassembled and coolant leaks fixed, please post back with results.

Just ordered a service and parts manual, gasket kit, thermostat, freeze plug,and tty head bolts ...... Dean