Tractor
    1988 Terramite

Default New Terramite Owner questions..

I recently got an old terramite with a 18hp Briggs which runs good..I am looking for some information on it..maybe an old manual or something. It is a T5 without the "c"..It has manual steering which is broke and they want 600$ for a new box.. I am wanting to convert it to a hydraulic steering which i can do for about 450$...I am looking into how to pipe it in with the exsisting hydraulic system without needing a powersteering pump. I plan to use a orbital steering valve and a small 5" stroke cylinder...if anyone can give me some advise it would be great..also, what is the best place to buy hydraulic cylinders from?

Thanks.

Tractor
    terramite T5C, bolens g152

Default Re: New Terramite Owner questions..

Surplus Center - Hydraulics, Engines, Electrical and More Great to deal with.

You will probably have to tee into the pressure side of the pump, then to the steering valve, and add a return into the tank or to the return line.
    bolens g152, terramite t5c

Tractor
    Yanmar 187D Terramite T5C Bush Hog D4-10

Welcome to the board! If you do this repair/upgrade please try to take picutures and document. Like you have found, this is an issue with the earlier models and a better way to repair is always a good to see and hear! Good luck on the project!
    Scott

Yanmar 187D QT1840 FEL
    Terramite T5C 1996
    Bush Hog D4-10
    Bush Hog HD-12

Tractor
    Terramite t5b

I have a 89 t5 b with same motor same manual steering I have both factory binders are you looking for something specific in them or whole books I can try and copy them for you

Tractor
    1988 Terramite

That would be great if you could get me a copy of the manuals.. I would appreciate it greatly.. I called terramite and they told me it was not possible to put hydraulic steering on my model.. So I found an alternative.. I will let u know if it works out..

Tractor
    T5C

Hi! I am new to this board and practiclly new to my 89 t5c. I cannot find an operator manual so I am flying by the seat of my pants as far adjustments and the like. Evrerything seems to run fine but my current problem is that the backhoe hydraulics are too fast. the boom raises too fast for control. Is there any adjustment on the machine to slow the hydraulics down a little?
    Thanks.

Liljohn

Tractor
    junk

Back off on the throttle. If I am digging something that the bucket movement is to fast I just run the machine slower. After you have had the machine for while it won't seem so fast. big dan