Tractor
    1988 Terramite

Default Manual Steering box alternative

I have an old T5 with manual steering. Year is somewhere in the 80's. My steering box was broke when i got the machine. Terramite does not sell a replacment box, they gave me a number for Crede Tractor which was susposed to sell them. Crede's price was 470 one time and 500 the next time + 50$ for shipping. I asked for some information on the box and they told me there is no information but he did send me the breakout that was in the terramite manual. I was going to do some price shopping before i bought. My opinion is that if your the only one selling something then the price is going to be higher. So, i looked around for days and found an alternative box. It was on ebay listed as a "Cub Garden Tractor pulling lowboy". Same exact box but about 2 inches shorter. The guy i bought it from fully rebuilt it. I got it for 250$ + 15$ shipping. So, for anyone else tring to replace an old manual steerig gear, here is you another key word to help your search.

Tractor
    65, 3000 Ford D, Terramite T5B

Default Re: Manual Steering box alternative

Thanks for sharing the info. Here was my experience with what might be the same box and Creed Tractor http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/t...ox-repair.html