Weaver Al
    1988 Terramite

Default Manual Steering box alternative

I have an old T5 with manual steering. Year is somewhere in the 80's. My steering box was broke when i got the machine. Terramite does not sell a replacment box, they gave me a number for Crede Tractor which was susposed to sell them. Crede's price was 470 one time and 500 the next time + 50$ for shipping. I asked for some information on the box and they told me there is no information but he did send me the breakout that was in the terramite manual. I was going to do some price shopping before i bought. My opinion is that if your the only one selling something then the price is going to be higher. So, i looked around for days and found an alternative box. It was on ebay listed as a "Cub Garden Tractor pulling lowboy". Same exact box but about 2 inches shorter. The guy i bought it from fully rebuilt it. I got it for 250$ + 15$ shipping. So, for anyone else tring to replace an old manual steerig gear, here is you another key word to help your search.

Bronze Member
    N.E. Tennessee
    65, 3000 Ford D, Terramite T5B

Default Re: Manual Steering box alternative

Thanks for sharing the info. Here was my experience with what might be the same box and Creed Tractor