Tie Rods

/ Tie Rods #1  

Steve T6

Tractor
Terramite 200 T6
I just broke a tie rod on a T6 does anyone know the cross reference to a moog or another over the conter brand that I can pick up @ a car supply shop?

Thanks for your help!

/ Tie Rods #2  
Sorry I can't help. But I have found that if you know the threads and specs, it makes things a lot easier

/ Tie Rods #3  
I just broke a tie rod on a T6 does anyone know the cross reference to a moog or another over the conter brand that I can pick up @ a car supply shop?

Thanks for your help!
Tie rod or tie rod end? I replaced the tie rod ends with NAPA parts on the T9 I used to have. Part number 269-2125, list 60.67, my price was 35.97. These prices were from 3/6/12 so they probably went up some. Hope this helps.

/ Tie Rods #4  
For those with a T5C in need of tie rods, I was able to determine the NAPA 269-2125 rods fit 63 to 82 Corvettes (and other GM models). I went to rock auto and was able to buy a discount set of tie rods ends for $25 (including shipping). Be sure to order right hand thread for both sides. They offer almost a dozen price and quality ranges, so take your pick!

Be careful. There is another NAPA number being floated around out here that references tie rods that have proper thread fit but not the proper angle on the pivot. Those may fit one of the other models, but not the T5C.

/ Tie Rods #5  
Okay... Here is a correction to my post above. After speaking with Paul at Terramite, the NAPA tie rod number I reference above is for 1996 and newer T5C's. My machine is a 1993 model. The NAPA tie rod number is 269-2116. This number fits 1962 Ford Falcons (all models). This is helpful if you want to shop one of the automotive sites for a better price (e.g. Rock Auto). This is the tie rod with the funny bend in it that appears to look incorrect when installed. But, Paul says it is the correct tie rod for earlier models of the T5C. Hope this helps.