Terramite 4 - Replacement engine questions ?

/ Terramite 4 - Replacement engine questions ? #1  

BrickBarn

Tractor
Terramite 4, 1947 Farmall Cub, GT 245 John Deere, 1500 Yanmar
I have a Old Terramite 4 with a 20hp Onan engine. Lost a valve or something, only runs on 1 cylinder and makes internal noise. Anyway, I'm contemplating a replacement engine. Any suggestions on replacement engines ?
Also, are there specifics on the replacement engines that I should be looking for ? What shaft size etc ?

/ Terramite 4 - Replacement engine questions ? #2  
Sorry, I'm not much help here. I think you can put in what ever motor you want as long as the crank end diameter and size match. Would need to be at least same hp as you have now. You can call Terramite service department give them your serial number and they can steer you in the right direction.

/ Terramite 4 - Replacement engine questions ? #3  
yep you can pretty much put what ya want in it. I have 1974 T-3.15 with a 14hp Kohler in it and I have a 10hp Yamar clone diesel Ill be putting in this winter
It has a bit more torque so it should work fine. I would love to see some picture's of your t4 if you don't mind I want to see what is different from mine.
Thanks Sam

/ Terramite 4 - Replacement engine questions ? #4  
Onan 20hp engines were known for snapping rods and they keep running with no nosie most of the time. I have worked on a ton of them same problem. you can put a kohler or briggs twin on them pretty easy