T5D/T7 Perkins Diesel Motor 103-10

/ T5D/T7 Perkins Diesel Motor 103-10 #1  

SOC DOC

Tractor
Terramite T5D/T7
Hey everyone I am only on this site one day. I am determined to find out as much as i can about my machine. through searching the internet i discovered this site TBN. I would like to contribute what else i already have learned from other sites.

Our engine is what Perkins calls a 103-10. Perkins started importing these 100 series engines from a Japanese company called Ishikawajima Shibaura Machinery, Ltd. nearly twenty years ago. ISM is part of Ishikawajima Harima Industries, one of Japan痴 largest industrial companies. Perkins marketed this engine in a marinized version as the Perama M30. They sold the engine to Volvo Penta who marketed it as their MD2030. They also sold the engine to Massey Ferguson

, McCormick, Terramite, Textron, Jacobsen, Cushman, Vermeer, Leech Lewis, JCB, Kobelco, and Northern Lights to name just a few. In the US, the engine was distributed thru Detroit Diesel Allison which is closely tied to the MTU conglomerate. By 1996, Perkins had become so successful at marketing these engines to other equipment manufacturers that they formed a joint venture with ISM called Perkins Shibaura Engines, Ltd. and began assembling the engines at the Perkins facility in Peterborough, UK from parts shipped from Japan. In 1997, Perkins was acquired by Caterpillar. With an added boost from Caterpillar, this little engine has become one of the most popular engines in the world. It痴 used in turf equipment, tractors, mini-excavators, brush choppers, compressors, welders, pumps, generators, etc. etc. etc. Even Caterpillar uses it in some of their smaller equipment. The 撤erkins name was highlighted on the engine ID plate which is located on a distinctive boss just forward of the injection pump. The 2006 model year痴 production of the engine has 鉄hibaura highlighted on the ID plate. In 2001, the larger Shibaura 400 series engine was introduced with assembling at Peterborough, UK from parts mostly from Japan, and in June, 2004 assembling of the 400 series engine began at a Caterpillar facility in Griffin, Georgia, USA with production exceeding 100,000 units per year.

Perkins current part number for the oil filter is 140517050 and sells here in Kent, WA at Perkins Pacific for $6.85. At least that was the price a couple of years ago. All the earlier Perkins oil filter part numbers for this series of engine have superseded to this number. And all the engines in this series (two, three, and four cylinder 100 series) are supposed to take the same filter. I believe that Volvo痴 part number is or was 834337. The filter should be readily available from any of the other equipment manufacturer痴 using the engine including Caterpillar, and from many of the major filter manufacturers.

Oil Filter = Fleetguard LF3826 or LF3376, Wix 51335, Fram PH3512, NAPA FIL1335.

Diesel Filter = Fleetguard LF5114, Wix 33386, Fram P3627, NAPA FIL3386, Volvo 861477-8?.

I will be posting more part numbers with cross reference manufacturers shortly, if anyone has some to contribute please do so. Thats why they call me the doctor.

/ T5D/T7 Perkins Diesel Motor 103-10 #2  
I have a marinised version of the same engine. (Perkins Perama M30). After some research I found the equivalent glowplugs are NGK Y-107R and the cheapest source (for me anyway) was 1X NGK Glow Plug Y 107R Y107R 1229 | eBay. It was cheaper to buy them from the UK and get them posted to Australia than buy them locally.

/ T5D/T7 Perkins Diesel Motor 103-10 #3  
This pdf will give you the manufacture date of your engine. (Your number should be stamped on a plate near the injector pump). I can also send a pdf of a workshop manual for the Perama. Its the marinised version but 90% of it should be the same. Its about 12 meg. If you want it click my name and send a private email including your real email address.

Attachments

• Perkins Engine_Number_Guide.pdf
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,015