/ New Member #1  

samt5c

Tractor
Terramite T5C
I'm new at this and was happy to find this site. I have a 1991 T5C that I bought about a year ago and have been slowly trying to work on it as I can. Not knowing anything about tractors before I started I must say that it has definitely been an experience. Some of the stuff I got help on. I am now trying to figure out what to do with a rust filled gas tank.

/ New Member #2  
Welcome from Florida

/ New Member #3  
:welcome: I know they have stuff you pour inside the gas tank to seal it but I do not know the name of it, that's after you clean it out. Somebody will have a name of the products to use good luck. :thumbsup:

/ New Member
DutchHenryBrown, I have cleaned the tank out one time and did coat it with a substance for that purpose and bow that substance is coming off. There appears to be some rust as well. I am assuming that I didn't have the tank cleaned well enough the first time. I was going to get a new one from Terramite but the $500.00 + price tag changed my mind. I wish I could find a plastic insert of some sort.

/ New Member #6  
You can use MEK to remove that tank sealer. On motorcycle tanks we used to put a chain inside the tank and shake it around to clean the rust out. This will most likely not be able to be done unless you are one stout dude. You can take it to a radiator shop and get them to clean and coat it. I have not tried but there is a way to use a battery charger and elctrode to get rid of the rust. This seems to work well but I have not tried it or seen it tried myself. I plan to restore a couple of Allis Chalmbers and plan to try the brattery charger method to clean some of the parts. On my machine there is a fuel filter under tank in line that I would make sure is on Terrimite when you put gas back in tank. I think next time I change filter I will put a fuel shut off to help with maintance. Enjoy your (new) machine big dan

/ New Member #9  
:welcome:

/ New Member #10  
Welcome to the site. You can usually clean the tank and seal it like others have said here. If all else fails call Terramite parts department. We have a few brand new ones built in stock.