Tractor
    Yanmar 186/Terramite T5C/Chevy Silverado 2500HD/Equipment trailer/dump trailer

Default T5C drive pedal spring

I have owned my T5C for 8 years and only use it for projects around the place and some jobs for people I know. In the 8 years I have had 2 drive pedal centering springs go bad. A few years ago I purchased 2 thru Terramite and had over $40 in the 2 replacements. Since I am using the last one at this time I would like to get spares but do not want to spend $25 to $30 ea. for them. Do any of you know of a source for similar springs at a reasonable cost? Thanks

Tractor
    Terramite

The springs are proprietary to Terramite so another source is unlikely. Terramite does not charge a handling fee now show shipping will be cheaper and now there is no minimum order either.

Tractor
    terramite old maybe a 4

Default Re: T5C drive pedal spring

I just got a old terramite and the pedal is not working right same to always be in drive or going backwares i have to take my hand to push up or down to get it to stand still ... is the sprind on the perdel or something else?

Tractor
    Terramite

Terramite part number 13029 pedal spring. Call parts at 1-304-776-4231 ext 403.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by dball View Post
    I just got a old terramite and the pedal is not working right same to always be in drive or going backwares i have to take my hand to push up or down to get it to stand still ... is the sprind on the perdel or something else?
    Sure sounds like the spring, it is located behind the petal next to the bearing. The petal is held on by the 2 bolts you can see, lossen them and the petal will slide off. You should see what is left of the old spring, a new spring is placed with the loop over the shaft and a prong on each side of the postion bolt. To adjust the petal leave it loose on the shaft while centering the shaft in the petal then tighten, you will need to fine tune the petal position so all movement stops when you release the petal. Use caughtion as the tractor may try to move during the tuning process.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by chicora1hillbilly View Post
    Sure sounds like the spring, it is located behind the petal next to the bearing. The petal is held on by the 2 bolts you can see, lossen them and the petal will slide off. You should see what is left of the old spring, a new spring is placed with the loop over the shaft and a prong on each side of the postion bolt. To adjust the petal leave it loose on the shaft while centering the shaft in the petal then tighten, you will need to fine tune the petal position so all movement stops when you release the petal. Use caughtion as the tractor may try to move during the tuning process.
    Brain freeze, its a PEDAL not a petal.

Tractor
    Terramite T5D

Quote Originally Posted by TravisWV View Post
    The springs are proprietary to Terramite so another source is unlikely. Terramite does not charge a handling fee now show shipping will be cheaper and now there is no minimum order either.
    Travis, this is good to hear. I love my terramite, but allways hated buying parts from them because of the high shipping charge's. Glad to hear terramite is getting with the program.