Buying Advice T6 ?

/ T6 ? #1  

joea99

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B21, JD 240GT
I see a couple of T6 for sale in the 10K range. I'm not finding much about them. Anyone familiar with it?

/ T6 ? #2  
The T6 is the forerunner of the current T9. I have a 2004 T9 that I bought a few years ago with, 800 hours, for $11,000. So far, all I have had to do on it is the usual filter changes, replace one hose and one O ring. Mine has the Kubota diesel and it runs perfectly. A few slow leaks on the cylinders, that could be easily fixed with new seals, but has not caused any problems with working the machine. Really powerful little beast. Lifted and repositioned a 1000 gallon propane tank with the loader about 3 weeks ago. A bit of a strain, but it did the job. My backhoe has full 180 degree swing, don't know about the older T6.

Terramites are very easy to work on and their support on the phone is really good.

The only drawback is, don't plan on going anywhere in a hurry. Moving the trees I dug out to the back of my property from the front was a slooooow process. The machine is really for digging, lifting and dumping. No compact tractor can do what a T6/T9 can do in those areas. Oh yes, it is also very hard to start on really cold days when I want to use it to clear my drive. Have to cycle the glow plug about 15 time to warm up the cylinders enough to start it. A 300 AMP battery charger gives me enough juice to warm things up and then spin the engine long enough for a start.

I don't use mine enough to make it worth the investment, but when I do need it, it is worth its weight in gold.

/ T6 ?
The T6 is the forerunner of the current T9. I have a 2004 T9 that I bought a few years ago with, 800 hours, for $11,000. So far, all I have had to do on it is the usual filter changes, replace one hose and one O ring. Mine has the Kubota diesel and it runs perfectly. A few slow leaks on the cylinders, that could be easily fixed with new seals, but has not caused any problems with working the machine. Really powerful little beast. Lifted and repositioned a 1000 gallon propane tank with the loader about 3 weeks ago. A bit of a strain, but it did the job. My backhoe has full 180 degree swing, don't know about the older T6.

Terramites are very easy to work on and their support on the phone is really good.

The only drawback is, don't plan on going anywhere in a hurry. Moving the trees I dug out to the back of my property from the front was a slooooow process. The machine is really for digging, lifting and dumping. No compact tractor can do what a T6/T9 can do in those areas. Oh yes, it is also very hard to start on really cold days when I want to use it to clear my drive. Have to cycle the glow plug about 15 time to warm up the cylinders enough to start it. A 300 AMP battery charger gives me enough juice to warm things up and then spin the engine long enough for a start.

I don't use mine enough to make it worth the investment, but when I do need it, it is worth its weight in gold.

So, where are you and the machine located?