Should I trade????

/ Should I trade???? #1  

parluskq

Bronze Member
Tractor
honda 5013
Well as the title says I am thinking about trading my honda 5013 garden tractor for a 1976 terramite. Pictures are below. I am going to look at the Terramite tomorrow and see what kind of shape it is in. The owner has the engine pulled and has it at the shop right now. If the engine is shot I will probably will not go through with the deal. The honda is a super nice tractor 4x4, front and rear pto, front and reat lift, hi and low transfer case etc, but every attachment that i have for it, i had to make it. Parts are hard to come by and are super expensive. A set of tire will run over $900. I have worked on some newer Terramites and they seem to be pretty simple. No sure about the older ones though. The guy said it has all now hydro hoses, and all of the jack have been packed. What do you guys think???

00P0P_8WvuNIah2SP_600x450.jpg00Y0Y_jFFlzIffJiu_600x450.jpghonda.jpg

/ Should I trade???? #2  
I wouldn't. You could probably sell the Honda outright and put the money toward a newer tractor.

/ Should I trade????
Right now where I live its hard to sell about anything... We are a coal town, and times are rough. One of the main reasons why I was thinking about trading is to have a project for winter. A best friend of mine has an equipment rental company and between him and my father-in-law i have access to about any piece of equipment that I would ever need.

/ Should I trade???? #4  
I would trade for a few reasons. 1 you said that you are looking for a winter project. 2 when you get it going it will do much more work than the lawn mower. Being able to dig and lift are a huge plus that the lawn mower cant offer. Good luck

/ Should I trade???? #5  
Right now where I live its hard to sell about anything... We are a coal town, and times are rough. One of the main reasons why I was thinking about trading is to have a project for winter. A best friend of mine has an equipment rental company and between him and my father-in-law i have access to about any piece of equipment that I would ever need.

Well if a project is what you really need then get that Honda really spruced up. Those tractors fetch quite a few bucks for some reason. Check out eBay. You don't have to necessarily sell locally. Buyer pays for shipping.

/ Should I trade????
Well, I went ahead and traded. I haven't had much time to mess with it, being Christmas and all but I have the engine on the bench and with what little time i have managed to get it running. I am not real sure how much work the previous owner put into fixing the engine, but all it took was gaping the points and wiring the condenser to the coil. She fired right up... The springs on the governor linkage are broke along with the connecting rod, but that should be an easy fix. I probably will not post much of my progress on here, but I plan on doing videos and for my youtube channel. here is a link https://www.youtube.com/user/parlusk1791

/ Should I trade???? #7  
Rugged diggers, but I never liked the hydrostat when I rented one. Tough thing!

Last edited:
   / Should I trade????
Yeah, their one speed transmission isn't much on speed but they are pretty cheap to rebuild and easy to pull. I guess it all depends on what you need it for....