transmission bogging the engine down on start-up

/ transmission bogging the engine down on start-up #1  

parluskq

Bronze Member
Tractor
honda 5013
Well I got the engine running good enough to quickly install it to check all of the other component's. When I installed the engine for some reason it will not start now. The engine has a super hard time turning over. I am not real familiar with hydro static drives. The machine is not trying to roll forwards or backwards when I am trying to start it. Is there like a neutral bypass valve or something like that? Forgive my ignorance on this matter.

/ transmission bogging the engine down on start-up #2  
The pump will cause drag on the motor. If it is outside and the temp is cold that will make it have more drag as well.

/ transmission bogging the engine down on start-up
it boggs it down to the point where it is barely turning over, not even fast enough for it to hit. It was was in the 50s when i was trying to crank it, and the battery had a good charge. If this rain would break i am going to lift the back tires off the ground and see if that helps any..

/ transmission bogging the engine down on start-up
well I had a chance to go out and take a look at her.. Seems that one side of the coil had came loose and was against the flywheel....I re-gaped the coil and lost spark... if it isn't one thing its ten. So now i have pulled the engine and have it on the bench. I was able to turn the pump over by hand so i don't think there was too much resistance there. I had just re-gaped the coil and have no clue how it came loose.

/ transmission bogging the engine down on start-up #5  
Put some blue locktite on the coil bolts. Let us know how it works out for you.