Terramite rebuild PT 1 VIDEO

/ Terramite rebuild PT 1 VIDEO #1  

parluskq

Bronze Member
Tractor
honda 5013
Here is part one of my build, Thanks everyone for the advice and help

/ Terramite rebuild PT 1 VIDEO #2  
Nice Vid! I would double check the timing do a compression test and adjust the valves. It seems to be a little off some where along the line. Keep us posted on your progress.

/ Terramite rebuild PT 1 VIDEO
Here is part 2

Well I lapped the valve polished the intake port and re-installed the valves, I am getting a consistent 100psi when I preform a compression test. So that is pretty good so far.

Last edited:
   / Terramite rebuild PT 1 VIDEO #5  
Glad to hear things are going well. Keep us updated on your progress.

Well here is part 3, I went through the carb,everything looked new, lapped the valves, changed the oil, and reset the points... She still isn't right,but seems to be running better. Note the governor was not hooked up when it runs in part 4.

Here is part 4, that engine running

Well I went down to the garage tonight to see if I could trouble shoot that engine a little.. First off was a compression check 60PSI... I tested it yesterday and it was 105 so apparently while running the engine something went wrong.. I pulled the head and noticed that head gasket was not in the best of shape... I am sure this happened because I originally over torqued the head bolts and it didn't help much that I was reusing the old gasket.. even though the gasket was just installed it had already be torqued once.

/ Terramite rebuild PT 1 VIDEO #9  
It's sounding much better! I think it still needs a little fine tuning on the carb, but It is starting a lot better so you must be pretty close on the timing. Once the governor is fixed that should make a difference as well. Keep up the good work and I'm sure you will have it running well. Keep the vids coming I am enjoying watching you make progress on it.

Steve

I am an idiot...When i ran the second compression check I forgot to open the throttle! I will have a new video up in about an hour.