Where is the Strainer?

/ Where is the Strainer? #1  

parluskq

Bronze Member
Tractor
honda 5013
I just changed my hydro oil and didn't think anything about the sump screen. Does anyone know exactly where this is? I have a T4. :confused:

/ Where is the Strainer? #2  
The sump strainer is located inside the oil tank. Behind the supply line that goes' to the hydro pump. If you remove that line at the tank you will find it. This should be done after the oil tank has been drained of all oil. Hopefully you have not filled it back up yet. That is where it is at on the newer models not sure about the T4 But it makes sense that it would be in a similar place.
Steve

/ Where is the Strainer?
Thanks for the reply... I have already replaced the oil, I guess I should re-drain the oil into a clean bucket so that i can make sure the sump screen is free. It has been sitting for a while.

/ Where is the Strainer? #4  
You probably already know this, but just in case, your T-4 was based on a Power King tractor with the Terramite FEL and backhoe. It is an earlier model. I am not as familiar with it to be able to provide any advice. I have toured the factory and in the past, the service guys have been great help.