Terramite Ripper

/ Terramite Ripper #1  

Terra Joe

Tractor
Terramite T5C
I have seen that Terramite lists a backhoe ripper tooth in the parts manual for the T5C. I was wondering if anyone has this and what they think of it.

/ Terramite Ripper #2  
what is your goals for a ripper?

3pt hitch potato plow / 3pt middle buster. might achieve something better if putting in trenches for something.

a backhoe thumb (single position, mechanical position, or hyd version) might be of more advantage, if dealing with root balls of trees / tearing / cutting roots.

pending on bucket size, and what you are wanting to do. there are variety of "teeth" either bolt on or welded on. that can go onto backhoe buckets. to help score the ground to make it easier to get bucket down into the ground.

======
looking at there website... http://www.terramite.com/ .... Terramite » T5
it looks like terramite's might not allow access to a 3pt hitch if you remove backhoe?

might push you towards looking at 3rd party backhoe thumbs. and/or DIY plans for a backhoe thumb.

======
if ripper was purly being used to help with standing water. i might push for already having a backhoe. and spend money on actual field tile / french drain setup. vs getting ripper, and needing to rely on the ripper.

/ Terramite Ripper #4  
I have my homemade backhoe ripper on my T7 more than the bucket! It's a great tool to have, you will make your machine a lot more versatile!

/ Terramite Ripper
I have a backhoe on the machine. And you are correct, very few terramites where built with 3 point hitches. My primary use would be root/stump removal. I'm hoping the narrow profile will provide better cutting with less soil disruption.

/ Terramite Ripper
Matt, that is indeed one wicked looking ripper! I'm hoping that the Terramite version would be a little shorter to enable its use with a thumb (future purchase). Thanks for the vid.

/ Terramite Ripper
Notmeu, that's what I'm thinking. Other than specific digging tasks, the ripper might be more useful for everyday lifting and moving jobs.

/ Terramite Ripper #8  
Terra Joe, just be careful using the ripper while removing stumps. I bent the 1-1/2" dipper cylinder rod removing a stump last month. And I just bent a 1-1/8" outrigger cylinder. The trick is trying to keep the cylinder retracted as much as possible when your placing a lot of stress on the cylinders. The more of the cylinder rod is exposed the less it is supported, then the rod starts to bend a little under stress, trust me it will bend! There is no pressure reliefs built in the cylinders individual valves.

/ Terramite Ripper #10  
I made one for the front bucket. It's a great tool to have!