Oil & Fuel Throttle cable for Honda-powered TC5

/ Throttle cable for Honda-powered TC5 #1  

iam2sam

Tractor
looking
I ran into my first issue today when starting the tractor to charge the battery. It's a little thing, but I'm not sure how to proceed with the repair. The PO somehow rigged the original Terramite twist throttle to the Honda GX twin he repowered with. Something seems to have broken where the knob attaches so that the knob can no longer control the throttle position and it is stuck in idle position. I'm inclined to replace this with a push-pull through firewall cable similar to the choke control. Years ago, when hand chokes were standard items on automobiles, I would have just run to the nearest auto supply store and bought a choke cable and knob of the correct length. In today's world however, I don't have any idea where to buy this item. I did some internet searching, but everything I found seems to be either massive overkill for this application, or is a custom-built (which no doubt translates to mucho dinero) part. If I go into a tractor parts store and tell them the cable length and diameter I need, what are the chances they will be able to match that to a stock part? Any other suggestions for a source for this? Thanks.