Uses for auxiliary drivie shaft

/ Uses for auxiliary drivie shaft #1  

iam2sam

Tractor
looking
The PO of my T5C replaced the original Kohler engine with a Honda GX series twin. He followed Terraquip's recommendations for the swap with one exception. Terraquip recommended that he remove the original Honda driveshaft (the T5C takes power from the flywheel side). The PO declined to do so, reasoning that he might someday want to use the engine in a conventional application. So, I have an exposed ~6" long keyed shaft in the front of my tractor that spins at engine speed. I suppose there is some small risk of hitting something with the shaft or dropping something heavy on it and causing engine damage, but I'm not overly concerned about that. What I am wondering is whether I can use that shaft to drive something useful. Would there be any reasonable way to gear the output to create a home-brew PTO capable of driving a conventional PTO device? If not, what could I drive at "normal" Honda engine speeds? This may be a completely crack-brained question, but I think it could at least make for an interesting discussion.

/ Uses for auxiliary drivie shaft #2  
Now the speed is different but they do mount hyd pumps on front of the tractors and also some sprayer pumps. So just find a hyd pump for same rotation and speed if you have need for it. Not sure I would leave that shaft out there without covering it, you never know what it can come in contact with and at its speed it will wind up wire or such very fast.