Buying Advice Clamp on pallet forks. Has anyone tried them ?

/ Clamp on pallet forks. Has anyone tried them ? #1  

mytonka

Tractor
Terramite T5C
For the T5C has anyone tryed the clamp on pallet forks? I see the ones from Titan look pretty well made. I am looking at the 1500 lbs ones. My concern is for the flexing of the bucket.

/ Clamp on pallet forks. Has anyone tried them ? #2  
Yep. that's a valid concern.
I had a set. They're a cheap way to have forks, but definitely a compromise.
Just lifting pallets? East to say I won't overload them, but if like me, you probably will. Over work them and they'll cross sideways. So then you can get a stabilizer bar that keeps them parallel and now you can really flex your bucket! A little smile never hurt anyone.
They extend the load way out in front, so you need more ballast.
Getting forks on a quick connect frame is much faster to take on and off.

/ Clamp on pallet forks. Has anyone tried them ? #3  
I loaded my Titan clamp ons right up many times and never bent the bucket. I guess it depends on bucket quality. I did eventually give them to my son when I got a ssqa set. Much more convenient. I got the 250$ ssqa set from Titan.

/ Clamp on pallet forks. Has anyone tried them ? #4  
I used a set of clamp on pallet forks for years on my New Holland 1720 that utilized a Stoll pin on bucket. The forks that I purchased were the Titan 4K pound rated units. Never had an issue with bending the bucket. The Stoll bucket utilized reinforcement bars on the bottom of the bucket. The clamp on forks reached to the back of the bucket and were placed under those reinforcement bars. With a lift capacity of only 1000# the bucket was never strained at all.

At the time those forks were my only option. Much better than nothing. Not as good as SSQA.

/ Clamp on pallet forks. Has anyone tried them ? #5  
Mine are home made and I use them fairly often.
Essentially 36" X 3" channel with a 5/8" bolt to clamp them on.
Having clamp on bucket teeth does reinforce my edge however.

While I do not lift a ton I do use for piles of branches, firewood and the like.
I guess them to be rated at 500 lbs.

/ Clamp on pallet forks. Has anyone tried them ? #6  
I have the Titan 1,500 lb. clamp-on set with the stabilizer and haven't noticed any flexing of the bucket. They work well for occasional lifting. It is difficult to see the forks when operating the tractor so the dedicated SSQA forks would be nice to have.

/ Clamp on pallet forks. Has anyone tried them ? #7  
I had the clamp on set for a while. The screw clamp put dents in the bucket, I then put steel plates under them to stop the denting that worked and the forks stayed in place. They were OK, but nothing beats the SSQA. My next door neighbor is a contractor and had 2 sets of forks for his bobcat and said to take the 4' long forks and just keep them at my place. He said he'll know where they are if he ever needs them. Saved me a few bucks, but if I didn't have that kind of luck, I would have bit the bullet and bought a nice set of forks.

/ Clamp on pallet forks. Has anyone tried them ? #8  
For the T5C has anyone tryed the clamp on pallet forks? I see the ones from Titan look pretty well made. I am looking at the 1500 lbs ones. My concern is for the flexing of the bucket.
How much do you expect to use them? I've 2 pair, one for the B7610, one for the M4700. I only need to use them occasionally so $$ savings was important. Have not noticed flexing of bucket and generally clamp them on OVER my Piranha's.

/ Clamp on pallet forks. Has anyone tried them ? #9  
I have some just to have some for light work. I am sure you can do all sorts of stuff with them but I have not tried anything heavy at this time, but I needed a cheap set to move pallets, and my utv sprayer and stuff like that....these fit the bill perfectly.

/ Clamp on pallet forks. Has anyone tried them ? #10  
I just got a set this summer, you do need to have the metal under the clamp screws really clean to get them tight enough stay put. I have mainly used mine to move brush and limbs, for that they work really well. Mine have stake pockets that are necessary for moving large piles of limbs, the first time I used them I didn't use them and ended up with a lot of the load coming down the loader arms:eek:.
I have used them to move a couple of big slabs of rock, it puts all of the load out in front of the lip of the bucket, I was a bit nervous about bending the bucket. It didn't bend but I saw enough flex to make me move very slowly to avoid bouncing the load around.
Bottom line I don't feel very comfortable moving anything that is really heavy on them, but for light bulky or long stuff they work very well. A set that replaces the bucket would be much better but these are a much less expensive option for occasional use.