Terramite T5C - Turn the key and nothing happens

/ Terramite T5C - Turn the key and nothing happens #1  

flyleclair

Tractor
Terramite
Hello,

I started using a Terramite T5C today and was using it for about an hour. I turned it off for a few minutes and went to turn the key and nothing happens. The battery is good. Is there a safety switch somewhere or something else that could be causing the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

/ Terramite T5C - Turn the key and nothing happens #2  
:welcome:
To the TBN forum. You came to the right place to get answers but I can't help since I am not familiar with Terramite.

Someone will be along shortly who will be able to help.

/ Terramite T5C - Turn the key and nothing happens #3  
There is a safety switch on the pedal mechanism under the floor panel. I did a quick scan of the manual but didn't find it mentioned.

/ Terramite T5C - Turn the key and nothing happens
Thanks for the response. Turns out it has a bad ignition switch.

/ Terramite T5C - Turn the key and nothing happens #5  
I had the same thing happen to mine a couple of years ago. Switch went bad. Oddly enough the switch was a mercury marine 7 pole switch.

/ Terramite T5C - Turn the key and nothing happens #6  
Thanks for the response. Turns out it has a bad ignition switch.

Hi did you fix your machine? If so where did you get the switch and p/n if you would not mind. Thanks

/ Terramite T5C - Turn the key and nothing happens #7  
You can find the parts manual on line for all their machines and download in pdf.

77033 Ignition Switch w/Key (3 Prong) Before 5-98 Processing Requires Serial Number 1
70036 Ignition Switch w/Key (6 Prong) After 5-98 Processing Requires Serial Number

/ Terramite T5C - Turn the key and nothing happens #8  
You can find the parts manual on line for all their machines and download in pdf.

77033 Ignition Switch w/Key (3 Prong) Before 5-98 Processing Requires Serial Number 1
70036 Ignition Switch w/Key (6 Prong) After 5-98 Processing Requires Serial Number

Thanks AllDodge, did you buy the switch from Terramite? If so, do you remember the cost?

Thanks
Pat

/ Terramite T5C - Turn the key and nothing happens #9  
pcerra, depending on year and engine (Honda, Kohler) you first want to determine if your 'ignition' is 'ground to stop' (old way) or 'ground to run' (modern 'safer'). If it's the former, like my '98 w/Honda power, you can find a generic switch at most any auto parts store, but look for an "M" terminal for 'ground to stop' built into it. (connect 'M' to both coils)

A common automotive relay/socket can be used to provide 'M' (magneto 'stop') function by using NC terminals and also tying in lo-oil shutdown switch. (can easy show you how I did it) Terramite owners, PM me anytime or ask here for help with either type of T5C wiring setup. t o g

/ Terramite T5C - Turn the key and nothing happens #10  
I have a six terminal version of the switch, and it is the ground to stop type. I saw a five terminal version at OReilly. That, and a standalone lug might work. That is how mine had been wired.