Tires 1/2 full or full-up tires?

/ 1/2 full or full-up tires?
I'm glad to hear the stapleizers are good un strong..

Yup... supposed to lift 9,950lbs. They'd lift the the whole show; without a problem!

I'm not inclined to argue with the design engineers and the warning's in the manual... they recommend a ballast box on the 3pt.

Have to shop around for one that someone has given up on!

Thanks for the feedback.

AKfish

/ 1/2 full or full-up tires? #13  
Try your JD dealer, he may have a bunch he'd be glad to get rid of. I know of at least one poster that his dealer gave him one free because he had so many in stock.

/ 1/2 full or full-up tires? #14  
I happen to have the original manual for my older Ford 4000 and somewhere is there it talks about fill the tires to 90% with CaCl. Just read that the other day and was surprised, considering I'm always heard 75% was the norm.

Wedge

/ 1/2 full or full-up tires? #15  
My JD owner's manual states in 3-4 instances to NOT fill the rear tires or add wheel weights. Any additional ballast weight is to be removed when the hoe is re-attached.

Warning against possible drivetrain damage, premature failure, etc. etc.

I'd like to fill my rear tires to the bottom of the rear axle line. All the weight would be below the axles and not weighing on the drivetrain.

Good idea - bad idea?

Thanks.

AKfish

So how much weight are we talking about here? It can't be more than 100 lb per wheel. Do you think this is a big deal for the structure and drive train of your TLB?

/ 1/2 full or full-up tires? #16  
Weight per tire? According to charts his one rear 17.5-24 tire at 75% cap. holds 55 gals, Rimgard is about 10.5#/gal so thats about 575lbs.

Never experienced it but at high rates of speed (relative to a CUT) a 25% fill might centrifuge causing an unpleasant ride and maybe damage.

/ 1/2 full or full-up tires?
The total weight would be around 500lbs.

I wondered about the fluid swirling over the axle with rotation, too. The inertial mass or centrifical force, etc.

98% of the time, I'm in low range. I use B range for 1.9% of the time. And the 2-3 times I've ever had the tractor in C range might be the remaining 0.1%.

AKfish

/ 1/2 full or full-up tires? #18  
I wondered about the fluid swirling over the axle with rotation, too. The inertial mass or centrifical force, etc.
AKfish

My tires are filled to just over the top of the rims. My tractor will travel at about 20 mph, I have had no problems of any kind.

/ 1/2 full or full-up tires? #19  
anybody remember the old co-op tractors
they had a road gear
we had one had fluid in the tires it would do about 30-35
with the filled tires we had to throttle it back its amazing what a tire with a couple hundred pounds in it will do when the fluid quits moving
talk about a galloping gerty what a ride
only took one time to keep the speed down to under 25

/ 1/2 full or full-up tires? #20  
For hill stability, is it better to have the fluid only filled only to the axle line (halfway), or go for the 75%? Also, I was wondering if I should opt for tubes to be installed into my tube-less rear 33" turfs?

I'll be taking a newly acquired, used B2920 onto the slopes with an FEL and a 60" rear blade to cut some trails. I am a bit nervous about the stability and I'm thinking of even getting some 1 3/8 wheel spacers and tire chains for my turf tires to give me a little extra peace of mind (about $150 for 4 tire chains and $350 for 2 spacers).

The manual states not to put fluid in the fronts, so I was just going to put 100lb in the bucket of the loader for when I reverse down the slope, cut into the dirt with the rear blade and drag the dirt up the hill.

Any advice or comments on that setup/task would be appreciated.

David.

B2920 on turfs with FEL & Land Pride 60" rear blade...so far.